Curious as to what breed my cat looks like!

lunalynne12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunalynne12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is a very playful and curious kitty! She weighs 6 and a half pounds and the vet said she most likely wont get bigger than 9 lbs. She loooves water which I find very odd.. She'll constantly be in the sink waiting for me to turn on the faucet so she can put her paws in it. She is a cuddler when she wants to be and she loves attention from people. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The pattern is spotted tabby.  but the breed, if any, does baffles med for this moment.  

A prettie, and both you and she are winners here.    :)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Luna is a stunning little cat and you are incredibly lucky to have been found by her:  thank you for taking her in.  I too am baffled by her breed as she has the spotted tabby markings, but with the blue colour eyes indicating white predominent colour gene and perhaps some Thai / Siamese history?  Are the markings on her fur full depth or to tips only?

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has the look of a Bengal to me, like a spotted lynx point, or some such. Lucky you, you've found yourself a very beautiful cat.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
If anyone has the @ feature that works it might be worth seeing if @GemsGem has any idea?

campbell clan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi LunaLynne12,

First I must say you have a beauty there...I see three breeds...Brown Tabby, Bengal and Siamese...the eyes don't lie 
...I too want to thank you for taking her in...you are both angels 
Also wanted to mention I have a Siamese, Tortie, Burmese mix and she loves the water...her daily routine is to go potty and then wash her hands...OMG I am going nuts over this, she has the royalty of the Siamese...her markings are beautiful she has a rose color mixed in with her...so her name is Amelia Rose...I hope all helps and great eyes and good guesses on her breeds...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Could be part this:  http://adorecatsbengals.blogspot.ca/2013/04/seal-lynx-point-bengal.html

Just gorgeous, if you don't want to keep her l have first dibs 
Right, here we have our main candidate so far....

I saw several mentioned point.  I too though on a point with these blue eyes.  My difficulty is I didnt saw clearly the masque.   Although I do know there are several colors where the masque isnt clearly visible, for example, cream colored point.   Still, I felt it a little embarrassing to speculate  what I didnt saw, but should see.

Here on Andryas link, it is a pointed cat - as I understand it, show cat - with no  apparent masque - but it MUST be there.  Proved the judges...

So, yes, I think this is main candidate, Bengal lynx point, Not necessary of show quality, and thus, no one egg twin of the champ in the link - but its akin.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have seen Bengal/Siamese mixes (seems like a popular mix for some reason) who look like that. No guarantees that she's a purebred/mixed breed at all, but I think it's a fair possibility considering the circumstances.

night wing

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous looking cat. Looks like a Seal Lynx Point Bengal to me.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh what a beautiful girl !

I am not seeing any point pattern. Yeah her leg markings look darker than the sides of her body. But the marking down her back along her spine look dark Just like her legs. If she was point she would not have that amount of marking on the trunk of her body. So I'm ruling out a point pattern I just don't see it at all.

I think she is a brown spotted tabby and she does look very much like a bengal to me. Wether she is an actually bengal or just a look a like we wouldn't know without DNA testing. But you could call her a brown spotted bengal look a like. ;)

Also bengals can have blue eyes :D

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Also bengals can have blue eyes
Ah, so we can anyways all agree on  bengal / bengal look alike as main candidate,  wherever point or no point...   :)

This is the answer we sought.    :)

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Ah, so we can anyways all agree on  bengal / bengal look alike as main candidate,  wherever point or no point...   :)

This is the answer we sought.    :)
  I think everyone also agrees on 'beautiful cat'.  

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Ok my bad !!!

I take it all back. I will hang my head in shame :anon: :doh3:

I just spoke to a bengal breeder friend of mine and she has confirmed that your girl is indead a seal lynx point. :sorry:

lunalynne12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok my bad !!!

I take it all back. I will hang my head in shame

I just spoke to a bengal breeder friend of mine and she has confirmed that your girl is indead a seal lynx point.
Oh my gosh you are so sweet for contacting your friend! Thank you so much for doing that! The vet told me that she looked like a bengal but obviously they couldn't say for sure but that is very cool that she is! I love her regardless of her breed and beauty but it's interesting to know her breed because it gives me more of a background of her history in some way. 

lunalynne12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You guys are all so awesome for helping me out! :) Little Luna and I are flattered by how many compliments she has received from y'all :) Thank y'all so much!!