Curious about my little blue girl

lissalouie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
To start: I know that my girl is, in the end, a pretty grey DSH. I'm just curious whether anyone sees any potential Russian Blue or Korat ancestry in her.

She's anywhere from 4-10 years old, depending on which vet you ask. She was just spayed in January. She was a stray for 1-2 years but was very clearly a house cat before then.

She has the white tips on her fur (hard to photograph, easy to see in person). She has a soft, almost wool-like undercoat. She is solid except for very faint tabby markings on her tail. Her tail is very long and tapers at the tip. Her eyes are not the stunning green of a purebred RB but are a muted green except for a stronger hue around the pupil.

She is currently 11lb. She gained a ton of weight at the shelter and so some of these pictures are from when I first adopted her and she was 12.5lb. Vet suspects 10lb would be her ideal weight. She came to me with a LOT of muscular atrophy from being locked in a bathroom for months and then in a shelter, so only recently has her body shape started to change as she gains strength.

She has purple-ish paw pads. Her coat is very plush. She almost feels like a rabbit.

She is still new to my home so I know her personality will become more clear in time, but I would say she is VERY playful. She loves to play fetch. She also loves her brother cat and loves eating. Those may be a nature/nurture thing though. :) She is not very vocal and tends to make little bird-like noises rather than meow. She is determined to be the best hunter in the world.

Again, I know she is, at the end of the day, a standard DSH. But I'm just curious for fun!

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It seems across her nose and forebrow are some cremish fields. This gives me a suspicion she may be a diluted tortie. And tortie have often green eyes. Why I dont know, but more common than just a coincidence.
And yeah, diluted tortie do somethime looks almost russian...

Is any of her footpads of more light, rosy color than the rest?? If so, it would immediately confirm she is a tortie...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lissalouie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I realized most of my pictures of her are in terrible lighting (I tend to keep my lights dim to prevent migraines) so I got one of her in natural light. Her mouth looks terrible because it is terrible; she's missing so many teeth and is on a waiting list to get a fairly urgent dental done.

It seems across her nose and forebrow are some cremish fields. This gives me a suspicion she may be a diluted tortie. And tortie have often green eyes. Why I dont know, but more common than just a coincidence.
And yeah, diluted tortie do somethime looks almost russian...

Is any of her footpads of more light, rosy color than the rest?? If so, it would immediately confirm she is a tortie...
Would this be true even if she was a single color cat? There's no orange or black in her at all.

(I just realized you said 'creamish fields' and not 'cremish folds,' which my tired brain read and immediately was like 'I have no idea what that is but I'll look it up later.' I think it's just a trick of the light and the fact that her fur is a bit patchy from neglect before being adopted.)

I'll have to take a closer look at her feet next time I can. She's still a bit touch-shy so I can't manipulate her the way I can my tuxie. :D

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lissalouie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here's another. The fur above her eyes is a bit thin but I believe it is all the same shade. Her skin is fairly pale though; she was recently spayed and her stomach is white.

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ok, tx, I see. So prob mot diluted tortie. The last picks reminds ne more of a korat soonervthan RB