Curious About My Cat

rockstarmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Salem Skywalker, our newest addition i.e. "Mr. Meowagi. We love our rescue kitty and spend quite a lot of our free time getting to know him; his quirky/playful personality makes it very hard for any of us to be away from him for too long. Recently, while reading about domestic short-haired cats, I learned that certain moggies with white markings like our Salem (although are not purebred per se) may share Russian blue ancestry and thus some common behavioral traits. Being quite the layperson in respect to varying types of cat breeds, I decided to post some pics of our little man to get feedback in that regard. Thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Could we have a good pic on the profile of the face?  The line forehead and the nose is most important.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Right.  That is difficult to know.  There may be some ancestry, and there may not.  Blue look alikes arent that unusual.

He is not so stunning look alike I  immediately say: oh, he must be one of our uncles natural children.   (an uncle of our boys was neutered at the age of 8 when his old owner died, and he was allowed to roam outside - thus, I KNOW there are lotsa of blue cousins out there, many of them homeless).

But he isnt so differently I can deny any  familiarity, not with good conscience...

And its true as you say, one of the few faults of RB are white spots, typically a catchet on the breast.   If such an pet quality RB is allowed to breed, out comes more white.

The only safe to tell here, he is a pretty Maltese cat.   Maltese cat is the label we set on the blue cats where we cant put on them any clear cut label.   Many pretties are there!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rockstarmommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the feedback, Stefan!