Curious about my boys

MamaofLoki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm insanly curious about my boys Loki and Spaz. I adopted Spaz when he was 8 weeks from a shelter and the forms just said short hair cat. He is about 18 months old (2 in april) and weighs in at 14 pounds and sheds like a huskey (the vet has no weight concerns). My little boy Loki I feel is maybe a mixed kitten, his mother was a short haired tabby and both mother and Loki have extra toes and he has a spotted belly. I was just wondering if someone can take a guess at their mixes if any?

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MamaofLoki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry for double pics. Posting from mobile and didn't notice

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm insanly curious about my boys Loki and Spaz. I adopted Spaz when he was 8 weeks from a shelter and the forms just said short hair cat. He is about 18 months old (2 in april) and weighs in at 14 pounds and sheds like a huskey (the vet has no weight concerns). My little boy Loki I feel is maybe a mixed kitten, his mother was a short haired tabby and both mother and Loki have extra toes and he has a spotted belly. I was just wondering if someone can take a guess at their mixes if any?
They are domestic shorthair or DSH. Loki is what is commonly called a Tuxedo cat because it looks like it is wearing a tux. Loki is a tabby, I would say mackerel pattern, the extra toes is know as a polydactyl or Hemingway cat as Earnest Hemingway loved cats with extra digits. They are beautiful cats you just have a little more nail trimming on Loki.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
domestic shorthairs. black and white or Tuxedo
and Loki seems to be a classic tabby, here a marbled tabby; he doesnt seems to have the typical bulls eye, he has marbles instead.
The spots on belly doesnt prove much, many tabbies does sports these. Its patterns and spots on the body which we look after.

Theoretically he could have a marbled bengal as Ancestor, but not dad, IF so further back.