CRYPTOCOCCUS WARNING

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Lilly passed away last night from meningitis caused by cryptococcal fungus. She battled with it previously in the nose and skin and it obviously was not fully out of her body although the blood tests were normal. Talk to your vet about possibly keeping your kitties a littler longer on the fluconazole that was our big mistake.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. My Pangur Ban, who was an adult street rescue, only lived with me for a short time before cryptococcus claimed him. His decline was incredibly hard to watch and I understand where you are coming from.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. My Pangur Ban, who was an adult street rescue, only lived with me for a short time before cryptococcus claimed him. His decline was incredibly hard to watch and I understand where you are coming from.
We battled this for 2 years and we thought she was rid of this. Took a month from a sign of symptoms with balance for this to take my baby. She died in her sleep this morning. Just want to warn everyone that it’s probably not gone when they say it’s gone!