Crying

tracyi838

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My two cats are almost 2 years old and are from the same litter. Every night when I go to bed, either one will start to cry this sad, longing meow. Almost like a "where are you?" kind of meow. When I went to look they both would have their favorite toy in their mouth. One of them will even do it during the day as she carries her favorite toy from one room to whatever room I am in, including my bed.

I'm not worried and know they are both healthy. I'm just curious as to what it could be. 

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
My oldest girl does this. She brings us her favorite toy (her kicker) in the middle of the night and gives this long meow until I thank her for the toy, then she leaves it by my side of the bed and goes off to do whatever she does at night. I figure it's just like a child wanting to be acknowledged for something.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ootay :rbheart: did this all her life with her favorite toys. Tolly :rbheart: did it in his later years with his favorite toys. We had a cat when I was a girl who did it with her favorite toy. Mazy does it with her 'place mat'. It's just one of those things some cats do. :)

Last edited: