crying kitten

mzoricak

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We have 5 littermates that we just trapped on Tuesday. (see the 'Help' thread). One of them, a tortie/calico crys loudly at night. I know they miss their mama, and we just trapped mama last night, but are there any suggestions to calm her down? All 5 kittens are together, so she's not isolated. We tried a stuffed animal in the cage and that seemed to help a little. They really like the calming sound of the washing machine, but I can't was clothes all night. They are approx. 10-11 weeks old and this is the only female in the litter. I know torties and calicos are by nature more skittish, but she's the only one who hisses at me and doesn't like it when I touch her. (hopefully she'll get over it). The boys are just fine. They enjoy a good scratch and petting, although not all of them like to be picked up yet.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sure Tania or MA will be on shortly..they are our "kitten" experts. You could also send a PM to Kumbula (Tania) or Hissy (MA).

Katie

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you have a battery powered alarm clock that ticks loudly- wrap it in a sock and stuff it in under the bedding, it duplicates the mother's heart. Make sure the kittens are warm enough, and not in drafts. I would feed the little girl some kitten glop you can find the recipe on www.kitten-rescue.com as she could just be hungry. Also playing classical music on really low will work as well. Burn a night light to give her some comfort or make a pouch potato and wear her close to your heart

http://www.kitten-rescue.com/kitten-...=cold%20kitten