Crutiate ligament recovery question

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crunchie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, thanks for everyone's input.
She now has her feliway pumping above her bed and a newly installed low cut cardboard box lined with duct tape. And in case there is seepage it sits on top of newspaper on top of a plastic bag

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great news, Crunchie, she looks great! I assume the vet gave you some painkiller for her for the first days, or first week at least? It looks like she has an awesome set-up, right near your bed. :clap:

crunchie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks, yes I've got the pain med and I believe an antibiotic as well.
Yes the set up beside the bed is great.....for getting woken up by her. I thought it would be comforting to have me be beside her, next best thing right? Well, it does give her someone to direct the " let me out of here" cries at 3 am.
But it did allow me to watch her licking and I can see that inflatable collar won't prevent her from! Getting to the incision. I'll try shifting it to the side and see if that helps. Might have to order the soft one from Amazon.

Oh, litter box was a success! :-)

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it doesn't look like that type of e-collar actually blocks what would be the reach of her neck and mouth from getting at the stitches on a back leg.

crunchie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Looks like I may have had the collar on the wrong way. Now velcroed at the back so it might work. Ordered the soft ones anyway,will be here monday