Crusty sore outside ear

SillyRingo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anyone seen this before? I have two pictures, one from Saturday and one from this morning. Going to the vet Tuesday morning. IMG_2009.jpg IMG_2044.jpg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. To me, it looks like a wound that he has caused by scratching or that was there from something else and he is scratching it raw. It looks kind of bumpy beneath that, but that could be the structure of his ear and it is just more noticeable because of hair loss. How does it look when compared to the same spot on the other side of his head?

At any rate, glad to hear you are taking him to vet, just in case it is something else and/or needs to be treated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SillyRingo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your reply. The other side is smooth while this side actually has a big swollen ridge around the center red area. I'm hoping it's as simple as a scratch. It's sensitive to touch, although I can wipe inside his ear, just not on the center red area. The skin is also very red all through the ear.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SillyRingo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yep, injury from scratching. He is on some ear meds. Luckily not anything worse.