Crusty nose "booger"

melba

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Boomer is a beautiful white Birman with Orange seal point on his face, paws and tail..he seems to get a lot of what I call nose boogers..but it is real crusty and hard. Other then me picking it out with my finger nail is there a better way? I worry about hurting his little pink nose..what could be causing this?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep, my boys get crusty boogers too. I have to pick their noses every day, especially Wiggies. He seems to get worse eye & nose crusties. They don't get them out by self grooming and they bother me to look at, but I don't think it's a sign of a health problem.
Boomer has always had them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

melba

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
To tell u the truth I never noticed him having them last month, he was 4 mos old then. His sister doesn't have them but once in a while..He's go the pink nose and it stands out like a sore thumb. He hates me "digging" them out and I am just afraid I might be hurting him..He's heath is good. Do you do something that makes it easier to get them out..?.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I have a couple of cats who occasionally get the crusties as well. I take a cotton swab, wet it with saline eye drops or just plain water, put it against the nose and twirl it in place. I've also used moistened cotton make-up pads and just wipe.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Cassie gets these too. eyes and nose crusties. I usually wipe them away with my fingers.. she doesn't mind one bit