Crusty Bumps on Ears

BanditaCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey y’all. My cat has developed these crusty-ish bumps on one ear. Started last night and progressed today to this. The other ear has a few but not like this ear. Doesn’t seem to bother her, not scratching them, not shaking head, no signs of ear mites. She is mainly indoor but does walk around our farm with me once or twice a day.

No fleas, no chemical flea treatments, eats lightly cooked chicken mostly and maybe a tablespoon of ground beef a week. No exposure to other cats. Does live with 2 dogs who have no skin issues.

Allergy? Reactions to insect bites? Something worse? Thoughts and suggestions please!
2DDA14E0-C4FE-4137-9946-0AA4A94A81A3.jpeg
546BFCA4-2F20-43E1-9E39-B9CCAE2F3453.jpeg

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No fleas, no chemical flea treatments, eats lightly cooked chicken mostly and maybe a tablespoon of ground beef a week. No exposure to other cats. Does live with 2 dogs who have no skin issues.

You don't feed commercial cat food, just the chicken and maybe beef? Are you supplementing the meat with anything to ensure the cat is getting a nutritionally complete diet?

I'm not sure what the ear bumps could be. Can you email the pictures to your vet? An allergic reaction could cause skin bumps but a vet would have to determine exactly what.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BanditaCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Figured it out. I’m slightly mortified but they are all seed ticks! Omg! I guess she got in a nest when she played in a tree trunk yesterday. I’ve lived on a large horse farm my entire 41 years and never seen anything like this. 😳
I stayed up all night worrying about an allergy or mange 😆 but then she finally let me touch them and they all scraped right off.
Time to spread some DE in that trunk and keep her away from it.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow! How horrifying (and interesting). Hope you were able to get them all off her.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I think, if it were me.. I would contact the Vet.. just as a precaution. If you can send the pictures, please do so..
To me, it seems like a tremendous amount of ticks on a cat....