Cross Stitch anyone?

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother is an expert cross-stitcher! She has done many many many of projects with it.. made many presents for people.. had her stuff sold at craft shows. She's VERY talented. She got me started on it when I was younger.. like 14 or so. I found it really fun.. and then one day.. while I was cross-stitching... (sitting on the couch watching tv) I set the point down into the arm of the sofa. Well something came on tv.. I forgot what it was.. but I was like "Oh my God.. no way" and slammed my arm down on the arm of the sofa in surprise at whatever it was on tv. The needle went 3/4 of the way into my wrist.. eye of the needle first.

My parents weren't home at the time.. it was me and my best friend Mandy from across the street. I went into shock.. trying to yank the needle out with my fingers.. but I couldn't because my fingers kept slidding off of it.

We ended up going to my OTHER neighbors house.. and they pinned me down (it took all 4 of em :LOL: ) and yanked the needle out with plyers. That wasn't a fun experience for me.. and I haven't stitched since.

So any of you who do cross-stitch.. NEVER stick the needle in the arm of a chair/sofa/etc.. buy a pincushion!!!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That story can only be topped by my own dimwitted story involving a needle. I was attempting to get a splinter out of my ex's finger with a needle. I had to put the needle down for a second, so I stuck it into the mattress so I could grab the tweezers and yank out the splinter.

Did I mention that it was a waterbed mattress? A microsecond after stabbing a hole in it, I said, "I didn't just do what I think I did, did I?"

And out shot a tiny stream of water. What a moron!

G

ghostuser

I love to cross stitch and have done lots of pieces that I have framed and hanging on the walls or have given away as gifts. Right now I am working on a picture of Oakley Plantation that will be about 12 x 14 inches in size unframed.