Crockpot Question

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

this was a major concern of mine also and then my uncle had a fabulous idea! get an extension cord, put your crock pot inside the oven and run the extension out to plug it in
Since I have so many cats and a couple of them LOVE to open things, I knew that if I were to run my crockpot I would have no dinner to come home to
Great idea...unless you have a Maggie, who is the worlds greatest cord chewer!!! I'm afraid to leave my crock pot on when I'm not at home. Maggie might chew through the cord and hurt herself. All of my cords in the house have those corrugated cord covers on them. I guess I could get one for the crock pot.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

I don't, but not necessarily because of the cats. I just don't like leaving things plugged in that create heat while I'm not around. I don't even like running the dryer when we're not home! Or the dishwasher, though sometimes I just do.
Me too! I am scared of fire risks!

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course, I keep it on so dinner can be done by the time I get home.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I leave mine on all the time and I've never had a problem. Forest can't get onto the counters. Tailer's usually sitting on the counter as I'm putting the stuff in there, so his curiosity is satisfied.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I thought that was the whole idea behind crockpots - that you could turn them on in the morning when you leave for work and dinner would be ready when you got home.

I also set mine on the stove and use the outlet on the stove.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to see that other people put there's on the counter!!! We bought a really big one so that it would be very heavy and impossible for a cat to move around. We also have a corner counter and I put it in the corner, just because I think it would be harder for the cats to somehow mess with it.

Enzo has actually taken the lid off once and licked my roast beef
The crock pot was just turned on and not warm at all, so I think that's way that has been the only time he has messed with it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I thought that was the whole idea behind crockpots - that you could turn them on in the morning when you leave for work and dinner would be ready when you got home.

I also set mine on the stove and use the outlet on the stove.
Yeah, I guess it is, but I was just so paranoid that Pepper wold be the little beast that he is and knock it off of the counter. I did leave it on all day today and it was nice to come home to a mostly finished dinner. Now the only problem is that I am not hungry yet