Creepy cat

mepaulrye

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I just registered here to share the following story and maybe get some advice.

So, I'm not that much in to cats, but I have had three pets in my life, two of them cats, so I could say that I have some experience with them.

A few hours ago I was sitting by riverside not far from my neighbourhood with a friend of mine, when I heard a cat's meow, as it kept on going I heard it louder and louder, till I realized it was right beside me. As My friend petted him a bit, nothing unsual, but I didn't give him any attention at all, but he kept giving attention to me, not my friend who played with him. Still nothing unsual, tho I felt a little creeped out. As he was getting really annyoing I tried to shoo him a bit, to go away, that didn't work so my friend continued to give his attention to the cat, but suprisngly the cat started to bite his fingers (not play-ish biting), but the cat still was all over me, trying to interract with me.

It got to a point I was really, really creeped out, then suddenly he dissappeard, a few seconds later I see him in the distance, and as I look by my side about 3 seconds later, he's again next to me. It's like no way he could get so close to me in 3 seconds. By this point I was so creepd out, we decided to leave this place and move about 1000 meters further. The cat was just sitting, looking dead in to my eyes and  watching me leave. Just some 20 minutes later the cat appears again, so we instantly deicde to leave again and move about a 1000 meters further again. And again, some 20 minutes later the cat just appears wandering around the place where we sit. The path he took was clearly overlookable and I was keeping my eye if the cat is somewhere around and then he appears there, like no way he could just get there without me noticing him on the way there.

It's like he's teleporting. He was also overly dun to me. Of course he might just be a lost cat and all this is just coincidence but similar things have happened to me, but never have I felt the creepy, shivering feeling I got from him. It all just felt like he's some kind of a spirt (I know, that sounds stupid). I have heard alot of diffrent stories on cats doing strange things, but this just blowed my mind, I reaally need some rational or irrational explanation on this. Also, sorry for my English, and if needed I can give some more detlaied descriptions.

I need an explenation on this, really. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
mepaulrye mepaulrye I know this is a very, very late reply and don't know if you will be back to check, so sorry. BUT this is not a creepy cat, but one that was trying to tell you something about maybe helping him/her find his way home OR asking for help in some way. Usually if this were to happen with me, I would take the friendly kitty to the closest vet to check for a microchip to find it's owner. Usually if a cat is that persistent for attention such as loud meowing and following you around - he needs something and felt that you and your friend might be able to help him find his way, take him in and/or try to find the owner.

Last edited: