Creature of the night

ameyers0108

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!

I have 2 young himalayan males. Both are happy and get along. My one has always been more active at night than the other but seems to be more active recently. I am getting no sleep hahaha. My cat comes in my room almost every hour in the middle of the night, meows (he is very vocal in general) until I say his name then either jumps on the bed and lays for a little or runs around the room playing with the blinds or smacking my lamp (I'm afraid he's going to knock it over [emoji]128550[/emoji]) I'm assuming he's been doing this because he wants to play? Is there anyway I can stop him from destroying my blinds and lamp? Any opinions or answers are greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

basschick

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
wish i could help, but HK goes through periods where he wakes me and wakes me.  as far as the lamp, we've stopped putting breakable items where HK can get to them.  as my husband says "just give in - he's the cat".  we now have vertical blinds, which he can't jump on and pull down or damage.

elliesvictim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cats are smarter than you a lot of people give them credit for. My kitten and I came to a non verbal agreement to wake me up at 7:00am. She sticks to this like an alarm clock. Only every so often she does the occasional 6:30 to push boundaries.
She tried 4am once and by my reaction she never tried again.
Without scaring the cat get up and let him know it's not ok. I don't advocate it as a valid training technique but sometime losing your sh#t gets the message across.