Creative ways to tire my cat out? (kinda long)

milopixie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, hopefully someone can help me out here. Milo, my little angel, will sleep pretty much the whole night without problem due to a lot of intense play when I get home from work. Pixie, my little devil, will not play and then runs around all night. We have pretty much every interactive and non-interactive toy imaginable (wands, feathers, laser light, balls, mice, mouse chase, you name it we have it), but Pix won't play when Milo is around and she barely plays when he's not around. I just don't know what to do. I know that she gets rid of some of her energy by play wrestling with Milo, but it's just not enough. I have a studio apartment so I feel mean confining her to the bathroom at night, but I'm also on the 2nd floor and the downstairs neighbor isn't exactly understanding about the herd of elephants running above him every night. I'm also not getting great sleep either. She wakes me up at least once a night and I get very upset bc I can't get her to calm down. I try to ignore her, but it's close to impossible to do. Pixie used to play, but since we moved about 6 months ago she won't play at all and I don't think having Milo has helped the way I thought it would. I need sleep and I don't want the neighbor to complain and get me evicted or anything. Any creative ideas would be very much appreciated!!!

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could you try putting Milo in the bathroom after you've tuckered him out (maybe give him a treat or something) so that Pixie could have some one-on-one play time?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would say the same about putting Milo in another room to concentrate on Pixie. Having said that if their anything like my two they hate being shut away from each other

Have you tried a cat dancer?

nydjasams

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have found that putting them to bed in our bedroom in a large carrier settles them down emediately. They know the gig is up and they are happy to be with us. Works with any size carrier, but we happen to have a large dog one and we put a top on it and made it an end table. Also made it a double decker with a hammock, but it has two round, fluffy beds in the bottom. Wish I had thought of this 30 years ago when I had a cat that I had to put in the basement so I could sleep. Just got a new kitten and she has quickly gotten with the program.
They both go in, sometimes by themselves, and curl up.