Creative Dry Spell?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Yep, depending on the cat. I often rebuild ears etc to put them where I want them if part of them is cut off, and made my own whiskers brush using some of the kitties whiskers I found on the floor after a fight to add them in (although the grass like brush turned sideways works well for that too if you turn down the scattering).

If the pic is really bad, I cut out small areas at a time, feathered well and work on each area, and then when I have one area perfect, I use the clone tool to fix the area around it, fix the colouring etc on that then do the same for the next area. Once I have got the kitty looking as best as I can, I merge all the layers and make a couple of copies at low opacity setting some to screen and soft light depending on how dark the original image (and my background) is and then usually fix the eyes again because they don't match the correct colouring and I like them to look quite natural
How do you go about rebuilding an ear becuase I have a sig I need to do where most pics I have, the ears are cut off.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I draw a triangle, feathered with the area I want the ear to cary on and use the clone tool to make it look cat like, going in lines upwards then smudge the fur from the original cutout upwards to make it look natural

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another way to rebuild an ear, which I find quite easy and usually always works, and it only works if you have at least one full ear of the cat, is I take the lasso tool and highlight the top of the complete ear, and then I copy and paste it to a transparent back ground. Then I paste it on to the top of the partial ear, then I "Flip Horizontal". The I work with it until it fits perfectly, sometimes you have to rotate it a bit, but I have had 100% success rebuilding ears this way. One time I was working on one of my rock and roll graphics, and part of one arm was missing. I wanted to put him in the middle of the picture, and because he had both arms bent in the same direction, I was able to rebuild an arm using that same technique.

Here is the picture where I created one arm, using the other arm.