Creatinine of 4.7 & high BUN 127, SDMA 33?

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He is in big trouble. He, over past 6 mos., lost from 10plus to 6lbs now. Been in ER Hosp. 2 wks ago,for 5 days in ICU w/ blood transfusion/IV fluids. Has FiV so can't survive renal t-plant. Really sad & he was acting weird over past few months. :( Now I'm trying to pallitatively care for him at home. So sad, as our vet in July '20 claimed his Dec. '19 SDMA test was 16 but then -- thus, only a "chance" of developing kidney disease. As you see be vigilant w/ your kitty if SDMA is high early on. It IS an indicator & denying he needed another bld test in July '20 to reconfirm/update really hurts -- as he couldv'e been eval'd then as having Stage 1 CKD. Instead after moving cross USA we found out in Oct. '20, he had Stage 1 CKD. I'm too down to even go on but you can tell how I feel; He is bony from a virile male Tom cat -- to this. So very sad for him & I mean very sad.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is in big trouble. He, over past 6 mos., lost from 10plus to 6lbs now. Been in ER Hosp. 2 wks ago,for 5 days in ICU w/ blood transfusion/IV fluids. Has FiV so can't survive renal t-plant. Really sad & he was acting weird over past few months. :( Now I'm trying to pallitatively care for him at home. So sad, as our vet in July '20 claimed his Dec. '19 SDMA test was 16 but then -- thus, only a "chance" of developing kidney disease. As you see be vigilant w/ your kitty if SDMA is high early on. It IS an indicator & denying he needed another bld test in July '20 to reconfirm/update really hurts -- as he couldv'e been eval'd then as having Stage 1 CKD. Instead after moving cross USA we found out in Oct. '20, he had Stage 1 CKD. I'm too down to even go on but you can tell how I feel; He is bony from a virile male Tom cat -- to this. So very sad for him & I mean very sad.
I am very sorry for you and your poor kitty. Just do the best you can for him now. Hugs💕

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ive been off here a long time! Thank you so very much you both! time & this has been much of the reason. All this occured during the past yr's cross USA move & many many things have gone wrong. The kitties (both if them) have dealt w. alot. But our male feral has bore the brunt &as of this past Sun, 5am has SADLY died!:( I am devastated. Beyond any words. He was my baby boy, that I never had & now he is GONE!!:(:( This is really too very very hard. I will seek grief counseling very soon. I cannot handle this as distraught as I am. My g/f will watch over our remaining cat, a female< should I need longterm hospitalization which may be case.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ive been off here a long time! Thank you so very much you both! time & this has been much of the reason. All this occured during the past yr's cross USA move & many many things have gone wrong. The kitties (both if them) have dealt w. alot. But our male feral has bore the brunt &as of this past Sun, 5am has SADLY died!:( I am devastated. Beyond any words. He was my baby boy, that I never had & now he is GONE!!:(:( This is really too very very hard. I will seek grief counseling very soon. I cannot handle this as distraught as I am. My g/f will watch over our remaining cat, a female< should I need longterm hospitalization which may be case.
Please don’t blame yourself. Sometimes they go fast and there is not much we can do except to be there for them. He knows how much you loved him, you saved his life and gave him love. His love will always be with you. Lean on your gf and others now and your other kitty, They will help you get through this. There is a good pet grief forum at the rainbow brdige site Run free sweet boy. 🌈🐈🐾❤

A4365837-68D4-4446-9A93-199E23A6ACF8.jpeg

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you very very mccuh. Yes I know life is not fair. But I'm not built for emotional disaster like when younger. Now I'm seriously unable to cope well with things and this is a big hurt that I don't know, if I'll want to overcome let alone can overcome. Life is not fair but I sure know this and need be ready to deal with the unknown at any time, and the pain that goes with it.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. My experience with most of my cats, including those being treated for a long term illness, is that they do pass very quickly, even shockingly so, leaving us to think that we missed that one last thing that we could have done...when we did not. I will never forget my heart cat Daddy Cat who at about 15 had serious kidney disease, but was holding on. I put him in the bedroom to settle in safely as a workman was coming to the house. When I opened the door about 2 hours later he was a different cat and I had to let him go that night.

Please do get whatever help will be most comforting to you.

movinintime

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Part of my therapy is talking to others and sharing stories such that I KNOW I'm not alone. Now at 5am when I awake all bets are off! I freakout go into 'I can't believe it mode, w/ real panic'. Yet, I've no defense for this but time hopefully elapsing and trying to heal but that's where faith and patience need come in to play. Much easier said than done tho! But it is all good as he WILL be seen again and for this I can rejoice.He is in rehab ahead of me, and Im afraid, for he & I. Celebrate his life is now my crusade!