Create a Holiday

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
There are all kinds of holidays, but we could always use another reason to celebrate. Life is pretty darned good.

Your challenge is to create a totally new holiday. Give it a theme, a character or characters, colors, special ways to celebrate, foods, even pick the day or date if you want. The more details the better. Make it sweet, sincere, or silly. This is your holiday that you want the world to celebrate.

What are you waiting for? It's time to celebrate!

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want a Romantic Comedies Day. Comedy is generally underrated at awards, romantic comedies even more so (I will say it. I think it's the result of misogyny.)

I want a RomCom Day if for nothing else to remind people they ARE good movies, books, tv shows, cartoons... and people who make them ARE artists. I like to see Nora Ephron, Nancy Meyers parties and costumes all around, Bridget Jones quotes... like people have with Star Wars.

Let's have it the last week of March because it's a sad week for me and I would get cheer up this way hehe

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
March 9th shall be Castle Appreciation Day (for the TV show) because I am an obsessed fan. March 9th is the day it premiered in 2009.

I personally love that my birthday (June 4th) is National Hug Your Cat Day.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I honestly think that society as a whole has become a little too self absorbed and selfish. I think we should have a "Good Samaritan" or "Act of Kindness" day. NO monetary or material gifts ,only good deeds need apply, I wouldn't want this holiday to become commercial as so many others have where people look forward to it because they may "get something" from it. This holiday is about what you can do for others NOT what you can expect to receive. I'm not sure what day it should be though...
If a special day like this exists already, then we need to make it more known.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it turns out it does exist!
It is observed nationally on Feb. 17th, but on other days as well depending where you live....who knew? It was started in New Zealand and is celebrated on Sept 1st there.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Rescue Pet Day
Where you either adopt or donate to your Local Shelters ...And have to wear a certain color for that day..Sort of like Give To The Shelter Day...could be another name..Where on that specific day..people can adopt at a lower price ...Or can donate to the shelter to adopt in exchange for a pet..And just an all out day for pets at the shelter...

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like a day that no one bickers, no jealousies, no behind your back bitching. A day where we all accept one another. We'll have awesome food, dancing, laughter, joking. etc. Actually I would every day to be like this.