Crazy Weather

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is anyone else having crazy weather? It was -10 feels like -15 a few days ago (which is 14 feels like 5F). We had a TON of snow last week and then it warmed right up and it is all gone. Yesterday, it was 13 degrees (55F) and insanely windy. I was sitting in the living room with the kids and we heard a loud noise. My front screen door (which is right off the living room) swung open, smacked into my mailbox which was hanging off the railing and knocked it off and the glass shattered in one part of the door.

Thankfully it broke so the broken glass is outside. I called my landlord, he came to look at it and said he will see what he can do. It was decorated glass so he won't be able to get a proper replacement. The door is bent at the top now so he said that he might just take the door right off. We don't use that door anyways, we use the side door because it is where the driveway is. 

My mom had part of her fence blow down. There are broken fences, broken trees, power lines down, homes/businesses/schools without power and stuff everywhere. Yesterday was recycle day so peoples recycle bins are all over the place, we now have a tarp in our shed that isn't ours (the doors are broken off the shed and haven't been fixed yet), siding and shingles off peoples houses, etc. It was pretty bad and it's still quite windy but nowhere near as bad as yesterday.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We had that wind on Monday and Tuesday, although Tuesday wasn't as bad. Monday, we hit 72 degrees, Tuesday, down to the upper 60s, and today (Wednesday) we're to get snow. November has been a wild ride this year.

That's terrible about your door. All the wind has done around here is strip the final leaves off most of the trees....they're pretty much bare now. No power problems or anything like that. I walked on Monday and the wind was nasty. Walking south, into the wind, was interesting. Somebody saw me walking and said they didn't think I was going to make it back to the office! 
 They kept expecting the wind to pick me up and carry me off.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thankfully it broke so the broken glass is outside. I called my landlord, he came to look at it and said he will see what he can do. It was decorated glass so he won't be able to get a proper replacement. The door is bent at the top now so he said that he might just take the door right off. We don't use that door anyways, we use the side door because it is where the driveway is. 

My mom had part of her fence blow down. There are broken fences, broken trees, power lines down, homes/businesses/schools without power and stuff everywhere. Yesterday was recycle day so peoples recycle bins are all over the place, we now have a tarp in our shed that isn't ours (the doors are broken off the shed and haven't been fixed yet), siding and shingles off peoples houses, etc. It was pretty bad and it's still quite windy but nowhere near as bad as yesterday.
My mother has lost 2-3 front doors off her house like that.  Their house is at just the right angle that when these storms come up the door gets ripped open.  They've been without a front storm door for a while now and have already replaced the woodwork that supports it once (in 18 years of living there).  The door has also shattered one of the light fixtures that flank the door.  My bedroom was on that corner of the house that takes the brunt of storms; especially nor'easters.  It could be loud!  They also have had siding come down on that side multiple times.  The house on the corner has it's front side on that angle and the wind has not only taken shingles off their house but also pushed the garage door panels inward on them more than once!  

We had the crazy wind on Monday and into Tuesday.  I had to put a towel over Noodles carrier on Tuesday when I took her into the vet.  Monday was very warm and now it's cold and wet!  The sky is a weird color.  it's cloudy; but it has an orange-ish tint to the clouds.  

We had that wind on Monday and Tuesday, although Tuesday wasn't as bad. Monday, we hit 72 degrees, Tuesday, down to the upper 60s, and today (Wednesday) we're to get snow. November has been a wild ride this year.

That's terrible about your door. All the wind has done around here is strip the final leaves off most of the trees....they're pretty much bare now. No power problems or anything like that. I walked on Monday and the wind was nasty. Walking south, into the wind, was interesting. Somebody saw me walking and said they didn't think I was going to make it back to the office! 
 They kept expecting the wind to pick me up and carry me off.
I'm tempted to make a Wizard of Oz/Kansas joke here.