Crazy Siamese kitten (with pic)

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Wildfire

oh my gosh, beauty personified...
Seeing such wonderful photos of Siamese cats everyday is making the waiting period so difficult for me...
But I can't help it!

The litter is currently 4 weeks old...and I have to wait 'til they've had their first set of vaccinations before I can even go and see them.
I'm not going to make it!

Honestly, I can't believe how eager I am to get one home and gloat to EVERYONE I know. It doesn't help that friends ask me on a daily basis whether or not I've heard anything new about the siamese kittens.
Aww, I can't tell you anything that will help you be more patient. We actually got Duke the next day after we saw him online, so we didn't have to wait... BUT... I have a bengal kitten that will be home in three weeks and I'm gonna EXPLODE from anticipation!!! I keep looking at his pictures and dreaming of bringing him home to meet Duke! Did I say looking??? STARING would be more acurate!
I'll post pics of him in another thread.

Just know that you're not alone!

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

*grin* Here's my Georgeous Boy
Ooohhh gayef!!!!!
I could just eat him all up he is so handsome! Siamese facial expressions are just so precious.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by siameseohio

Ooohhh gayef!!!!!
I could just eat him all up he is so handsome! Siamese facial expressions are just so precious.
OMG - I'm in heaven! Gaye - I NEED George. He "speaks" to me! He is just so gorgeous. My heart skips a beat just looking at him.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just wanted to share something here (with you meezer lovers). Tonight a lady delivered an order for me to our home. Jennifer was holding Mika while we were at the door talking. The lady petted Mika and said how sweet she was. Then she said, "She's not Siamese is she?". When Jennifer said yes she was, the lady quickly pulled her hand away and said, "Oh, will she bite me?"

Now, meezer lovers, that just makes me mad.
We all need to work on educating these people on how truly wonderful Siamese really are! Agreed? Let's do it!

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You got my support! Duke gets 'nippy' with us sometimes, but he's an angel around company (typical meezer
) My husbands 10 year old nephew was over a few days ago playing with Duke. I was so pleased with Dukes behavior! They played hard, but he was so gentle with Alex! Where the heck did she get the idea that meezers were aggressive?

Anyway, I do the same for bengals too. If people really understood how intelligent BOTH breeds are (I think we can include aby's to the list as well) EVERYONE would want one!!! OK, maybe not everyone, but they all should if they know whats good for them!!!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not a meezer lover sorry, I do like them though! I love pointed breeds, But I never had, I have always heard the typical meezer ..umm..attitude about them, but I can't imagine petting one for a while and then asking if she will bite, she hadn't and was very friendly, why would she now? I have known only ONE siamese that was less then pleasant, and he wouldn't get near enough to bite the likes of me, he was better then that, any other has been friendly.

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder why they have this reputation in the States? In the UK people think of them as majestic and royal. I mean my Meeksy is shy with new people but she has never bitten anyone, give her a few days and she will love you (not as much as me though!). Maybe its Lady and the Tramp (which IMO portrayed them as evil)?

wildfire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
^ I'd have to agree with that...
Lady and the Tramp gave them such a bad name! In fact, that film affects Siamese reputation to this day, as much as I hate to admit it. A friend of mine said to me the other day, "Won't it destroy your home? I mean, look at what they did in that movie."

It's a bloody cartoon, for crying out loud.

I LOVE Siamese and have only ever had positive experiences with them, hence why I'm trying so hard to locate one of my own.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will admit, I always had the idea that Siamese were somehow mean cats. When I was young, there was one who lived in the neighborhood, if you didnt stop to pet her when you walked past her, she would lunge at your legs and bite you.

She would come to me and my sisters window every night. My sis would always open the window and let her in. She would lay on my sisters chest and lick her neck and then bite a scratch her. My sister has scars from this cat until this day.

My Grandmother had 2 Siamese cats (Bonnie & Clyde) that I never took the time to get know because I was so afraid of them, even though they showed no signs of aggression.

I had the idea that all cats would bite, but particularly, Siamese. Then one day, while visisting a friend, as an adult, I learned how gentle and sweet Siamese really are.

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I run into this all the time as well. As I said in this or another thread, my Siamese are really nosey, so when people come over and site down, they converge on that person. People who know my cats, know that they only want attention and to be talked to and petted. But people who believe this stereotype freak out and think they are being attacked!

I have a 5 year old son and a 3 year old grandson (long story), and they play rough with the cats. Never harming the cats of course. They've been raised around cats all their life. And not once have the cats ever harmed the boys. They will bat at the boys, but they always retract their claws.

I'm just baffled by this reputation they have. Although, I blame Lady and the Tramp in part as well. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people use that movie to justify their misinformation about Siamese.

I do understand if you had a bad experience, especially as a child with a particular breed it might make you leery of them in the future. But an aggressive or stand-off-ish cat could happen in any breed, and shouldn't reflect them as a whole.

o.k., I'm sorry.
This is one of those subjects that 'take me there', if you know what I mean. I'll stop now.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

Since Duke is that dark already at 6 months, may guess is he is a seal point, when I get my pics developed I will post a picture of my chocolate mitted and seal mitted litter mates. If they come out good, any ways, LOL! But you can see on my chocolate mitted boy, his legs are so light, you can hardly tell he has color there and he has mitts, his nose and ears are so much lighter then his brothers too, a very milk chocolatey color to his brother dark chocolate apperance, which will darken as he ages to the dark brown/black color that is seal. Like you said though, the true color doesn't make too much a difference when you aren't breeding him and he is just a loved pet, and he is very lovely by the way.
I know it has been so long since this thread, But, I finally got my pictures developed of my kittens Ares and Chance.
They didn't come out very good, it is hard to see he is chocolate, but you can see the difference between the two kittens one is VERY dark and the other is so light. This is Ares and Chance at about 7 months old, the dark one with the blaze is Ares, a seal mitted and the light one is Chance a chocolate mitted.

This is just the seal mitted Ares.

Here is The choc mitted Chance

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At shows, I heard the "mean" comment tons of times. I'd just smile sweetly and say "really??????? I've never mean a mean siamese in my life!" Which was true.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Your siamese is a SEAL point - not a chocolate - chocolate points are pale chocolate color - whereever you got her from called it wrong. Its seal and it will get darker. Chocolates rarely get that dark, especially on a kitten. At that age they barely have color on the points.
In the start of this thread there was a debate about choc/seals, I just put the pic up to show the difference. The part about mean meezers was later in the thread.
So, I wanted to show how light a choc body and points were compared to the seal, That was all

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't believe this topic -- how anyone can level that kind of accusation at ANY cat, when humans commit serial murders and dogs, for instance, kill people frequently (not to mention members of their own, and other species)...sigh!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tarasgirl06

I can't believe this topic -- how anyone can level that kind of accusation at ANY cat, when humans commit serial murders and dogs, for instance, kill people frequently (not to mention members of their own, and other species)...sigh!
This isn't the topic of this thread. It had only got brought up in like the last 8-10 posts (out of about 70) When the OP started the thread it was about her kittens charactor and whether it was seal or chocolate. Afew people (you included) had said that the op's cat was chocolate. I had stated when I developed my pictures I would post pics so people could see the difference between the two colors, it really didn't have any thing to do with the last few posts that got started on the stereo type of mean meezers. The whole point of my posting to this thread was that, and that only. I guess it has been too long, and since my post apparently wasn't read (or any one could see it had nothing to do with any cats personalities) I shouldn't have put pics up, it has been too long and no one remembers what the thread was about. Any way, I was just trying to point out the difference to the people who said op's cat was chocolate, but since no one cares or can get past the last 5 posts before it, I guess it was pointless to bother.

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

Any way, I was just trying to point out the difference to the people who said op's cat was chocolate, but since no one cares or can get past the last 5 posts before it, I guess it was pointless to bother.
I care.
If for no other reason then to appreciate your beautiful pointed kitties. Thanks for sharing.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by siameseohio

I care.
If for no other reason then to appreciate your beautiful pointed kitties. Thanks for sharing.
AWE! Thank-you!

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh? What just happened here?

Leslye my comment earlier was concerning the mean comment made to Yosmite's daughter about Mika her cat. It was not a critisim of you in anway, but I'm sure you know that, just wanted to put that out there.

I loved the pics of your ragdolls
They are such cuties!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sims2fan

Huh? What just happened here?

Leslye my comment earlier was concerning the mean comment made to Yosmite's daughter about Mika her cat. It was not a critisim of you in anway, but I'm sure you know that, just wanted to put that out there.

I loved the pics of your ragdolls
They are such cuties!

I didn't mean earlier before my last post, (about different colors) that was a topic that was brought up, so even I had commented on the steroe type and bad rep they recieve. But the topic of the thread wasn't about that, it was about some thing else and I was pointing out that I had wanted to show the difference between the choc. and the seals. So while it hadn't started out that way, it did get brought up, and I was trying to go back to the original topic. I am sure that the first pages weren't remembered and to scroll up it probley appeared that it was about siamese bieng mean, I guess. The thread was old and burried, I should have left it that way