Crazy Pete!

silva_unt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So Petey is only 6months so I'm assuming this is all kitten behavior...
He's a crazy cat!!! He's opening cabinets, playing with toys in the bathtub, opening clothes hamper and pulling dirty clothes out to make a bed or something, getting behind our fireplace cover to lay inside (never used; broke some candle holders that were on this fp cover), and lastly made a hole on the bottom of my couch to squeeze himself inside...got stuck...we had to tear the lining off to get him out!! Now he has access to the bottom and back of couch which is also driving us crazy. Any ideas on fixing the couch situation? Other than that he is just the most energetic kitten...Neko was always so layed back so this is new

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
sounds like normal naughty kitten behaivour

I dont know what you can do about the couch, maybe try attaching sheet to it as a temp fix

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

silva_unt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's an idea... I could check out the thrift store or something and look for some thick sheets...I guess I could hammer or staple it on? oh boy

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitten was the same way about our couch when i first got him at 8 weeks. The only solution I found was to cover all the access points by shoving a pillow in them. Luckily he's too big at 7 months to fit, so the pillows can go to better uses. All you can do is find a way to block access until he grows too big to fit, or matures enough to not consider the inside of the couch the greatest toy ever.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't know what to tell you about the couch, but sounds like you never have a dull moment

silva_unt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's the truth!! Just now my bf had to remove the toy chicken that was in the tub that is now soaked...he noticed it too late
We even found a toy on the counter! Wasn't me...wans'nt the bf...wasn't Neko.... yup, it was Petey!! He likes to hide in the closets, jump in the dryer when I'm taking out the nice warm dry clothes (I inpsect before ever closing the door), play in the litterbox...oh and the list continues

We're always saying, "Where's Petey?!"

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thin plywood/paneling nailed to the bottom/back of the couch will be a more secure solution. Ferret owners are familiar with the concept!

silva_unt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My mother gave that suggestion too! I think I'm going the plywood route too! Going to take some measurements tomorrow

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even coroplast or something cheaper would work. Too bad you weren't closer, hubby has a workshop just full of stuff you could use, LOL

Petey sure sounds like a character, just trying to keep you on your toes

silva_unt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
aww too bad...however, i did find these thin short wood panels at Michael's for $1 ea. I think they may work since there are wood planks spaced apart every 12" or so on the couch. I'm not needing to cover the entire bottome area, just this space that leads to the back of the couch where they are climbing into... we wanted a new couch anyway...we'll be searching for one that has its base closer to the floor

Petey does def keep us on our toes!! The other day we had to put him in "time out" (bedroom) so we could eat dinner and so Neko could rest from all his pouncing!
Around 5am he gets all kind of comfy cozy with me though...like an innocent litttle angel
.....until he finds my earings on my ears and starts pulling!!!