Crazy kitten

xenabean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten is now about 4 1/2 months old.. he was taken away from his mother really young and I got him and he was only 6 weeks old. I know that is still very young but he is CRAZY! My other cat, who lives with my mom now, is 15 years old .. I was very young when I got her so I don't remember what its like to have a kitten too much.  I'm not sure if his behavior is just normal kitten play or something I should be concerned with. When he gets in his play mode, it's more like attack mode. Its not so much scratching cause I keep his nails cut but he just loves to bite and gnaw on hands and feet... I'm not sure if he could be teething still. I try and distract him with a toy or a spray bottle and he'll stop for a minute and then continue. His ears go back and his eyes get wide and he just goes crazy, non stop for awhile.  I don't know how to train him.  He didn't learn his manners from his mother. I just want to know if there is a way I can calm him down or do I just need to wait until he grows up and grows out of the phase.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xenabean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah hes not scared of the spray bottle at all. lol he just ends up soaked and comes back for more attacks.

my moms cat HATES other cats. shes VERY territorial.. I bring him over there sometimes and she just hides in the corner and growls at him