Crazy cat lady

darra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My husband and I have been proudly owned by Gracie Girl. We found her abandoned as a teeny kitten 8 years ago.

The four days ago we adopted Jax from our local shelter. He's 5 months old. He's a big guy but we'll never know what breed he truly is. He's a love bucket that's for sure.

And since adopting one kitten wasn't enough we went back to the shelter today and adopted Gemma. She's super tiny at 3 months. She's very loving and playful. She and Jax took to one another within seconds.

I hope that Gracie finds it in herself to accept these little cuties. Right now she's so angry at us she's put herself on. Hunger strike.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The article on introductions was great! Thank you so much. I'll make sure we take to heart the info. I hope it works out.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Gemma looks like an Egyptian cat statuette.  She is really a little doll.  And Jax is a very distinguished, handsome chap.  I hope that Gracie warms to them soon.  Her nose is probably bent out of shape since she has been the only cat for so long.  It's a good point that Gemma and Jax like to play with each other, that way they will hopefully not bother Gracie too much.

It sounds like you have an article on introductions but just in case, here's one that should really help.
[article="32680"]How To Successfully Introduce Cats The Ultimate Guide  [/article]
Remember to give Gracie a lot of extra attention.  She needs to know she is still your special girl.  Try feeding her by hand if she maintains her hunger strike much longer. It's dangerous for cats to miss meals for even a short period of time so you might need to encourage her to eat.  

Good luck with your new family!

darra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for encouragement Margd. I am happy to share that Gracie finally ate this morning. Albeit she ate dog food by bullying our Max away from his bowl. She's always tried eat their food so I took it as a move in the right direction. She even jumped in my husbands lap this morning and was happy to accept his loving. So I think...I HOPE things are getting better for her. She'll always be the #1 cat in our house but the trick is to remind her how important she is to us, but that's there's enough room and love to include Jax and Gemma. Speaking of Gemma she does remind me of an Egyptian cat statue. That's what I had told my husband. She's so slender. She really looks and feels fragile when compared to fluffy love buckets Jax and our heafty Gracie girl.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Aww, sweet.  Beautiful new kitties and it's good news that Gracie is eating again.  

darra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you of all the information.  It's been very helpful.