crazy busy with cat rescues

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For starters right now me and a friend are helping this lady downtown spay/ neuter her cats that she has running around and reproducing. There is anywhere from 40-50,cats out there. Good thing is some are already fixed. A local rescue is paying for all of the spays and nueters. They are also the ones who have already fixed the ones that are fixed. We have our hands full for sure. I have 4 right now that are going in the morning to be fixed.

On Sunday I got a call about a kitten in a storm drain. Me and my friend went out there and caught it. She is a super cute little 6-8 week old polydactyle, but she is a little feral. In time I am sure she will come around, my friend is fostering her. She does have a broken tail and a big bruise on her belly so we think she was stepped on or smooshed by a tire, but she will be fine, though.

On Saturday night when I was leaving work there was a.cat running across the parking lot. I had canned food in my car and I opened it up and set it down to let the cat eat, there is a feral colony near by and I was going to try to see if it had a tipped ear or if it needed to be TNRed. Well when it came back out of the bushes to eat, it spotted me and instead of running away she ran over to ne and started rubbing all over me. She is skin and bones and is missing a lot of fur. I took her to the vet this morning and she was deepened and treated for fleas, tested negative for FIV/FeLV and was given a check up. The only thing wrong is she is malnourished. She didn't even have fleas we just treated her for them just in case. After she is fattened up and her hair grows back she will be ready.to be spayed and adopted.

One of my former rescues is being returned because they got a new kitten and now he is peeing outside of the box. Poor baby has to lose the home he had lived in for most of his life because his pet parents are irrieponsible and are choosing a new kitten over him. It makes me so mad but I would rather him be returned to me rather than put in the shelter like they were going to do.

Sorry if there are any typos I am on my phone.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WOW you typed all of that on your phone!!!! I am impressed :lol3: That in itself is a major feat :D :clap::clap: Anyway, all I can say is that you are a Champion of Cats :clap:. Certainly, a never ending need to rescue and save kitties and you and your friend are kitty saviors. :hugs: :hugs: AND :mad: :stomp: Infuriates me as well to hear about people giving up on their cat like that for a new kitten. They gave up to easily on him and makes you wonder what will become of that kitten in the years to come if he has an "off" behavior. :sigh: Bless you and your friend for your tireless effort to help the needy kitties. :hugs: :hugs:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have good and bad news.

First the owner of the cat has been talked into trying a feliway diffuser and a calming collar to try to settle him. They refuse to listen to me on proper introductions. The inappropriate ellimination started when the got the new kitten less than a week ago and they were ready to give him up just like that. So I have a feeling when there is not an immediate change he will be.coming back.

I am very upset to say that I had a window open last night and the stray kitty that I got checked out yesterday broke through the screen and is no where to be found. I called all the local vets and the shelter and have them keeping an eye out. I also put up posters. I have food out in various places around the house hoping if she stayed around she will keep coming to eat. I confused the animal.shelter.a.little to tell them that she was missing and what her discription was. I doubt very many people.call looking for super skinny, missing lots of fur cat.