Craziness...ht?

tomrainking

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our cat shadow is about 13 yrs old. She's always been very thin and had a hairball problem. A little while ago we ditched dry food for a canned diet and that pretty much eliminated any vomiting that she had endured. Recently she started being manic with food. We used to have dry out all the time so I understand the trouble adjusting, but this is 3 months later and it's worse. She knocks over trashcans, is always scrounging for food, and we are forced to lock her up while we eat. It doesn't matter how much we feed her...she almost seems worse at feeding times. I have a vet appt tomorrow but would like any advice ifor you've experienced something similiar...we have another cat who's doing great

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You might try dividing into smaller but more frequent feedings. Sorry...that's all I have. DO mention it to your vet, though. It's GOT to be crazy-making for you AND her! Best of luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tomrainking

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah I feel terrible because it just seems "medical". She had a vomit problem for a long time but since the change to wet food that has disappeared. But now without the food available all the time it's been nitz. She still gets hairballs but that's all they are...hair...before we were cleaning up throw up on a daily basis.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What did the Vet say? Did they test for thyroid issues? It's possible that's the problem. Also, what canned food are you feeding? Could it be he really IS still hungry. Some canned foods have less calories than others, and some of those with less calories are actually many that people recommend as higher quality. While it's true that they may have very high protein,they may still be lower in calories, which means he may need to be eating more of them.