Crawling on belly, yowling

andrastedevout

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My little one gave me such a scare yesterday. She started to cry, yowl really, and I found her crawling on her belly, in the weirdest position, and she had pooped on the floor - you see, she was in my bedroom, really far from the litter box.

Her vet said I should "wait and see" and that it wasn't serious. The vet will see her again tomorrow, but she told me not to worry. And I'm not really worried since Andraste is behaving normally today.

But... what happened? What was that? What could that be? Has anyone seen anything like it?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I wonder if she just had really bad intestinal cramps or something that then resulted in a bowel movement?  it's impossible to know what happened, but let's just hope whatever it was never happens again. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

andrastedevout

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is she spayed?
Yes, she's spayed since she was a little kitty...

I wonder if she just had really bad intestinal cramps or something that then resulted in a bowel movement?  it's impossible to know what happened, but let's just hope whatever it was never happens again. 
Yeah, I thought that or she was having bad cramps, or she had some other pain that was so strong she pooped. The vet will see her today, hope there's nothing wrong.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

andrastedevout

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The vet said the last time she was as healthy as she could be.

Then today she did it all again, a lot of poop, a lot of crying, she was panting a lot... The vet just asked me to keep an eye on her. I'm worried again. I put some pressure on her belly to see if she was having some kind of discomfort, but everything seemed normal after all the crying and pooping was over. She just seems a bit sluggish. I really don't know what's happening.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds a lot like colic. (colic is a broad term, I know). If she were mine, I would give her some oil. Either coconut, olive oil or in extreme cases mineral oil. I would then check the ingredients of what you are feeding her. Have you changed anything in her diet recently? Something is tying her up. Just because you haven't changed her food, doesn't mean the company hasn't changed the food. Try a gluten free, filler free food. No corn, soy, wheat or other fillers.