cranky kitten

MyaLias

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This may seem weird, but I just got a 5 month old girl kitten. This is in addition to 2 older male adult cats. Every night, I feel like the kitten gets cranky and starts fights with the older cats. It's almost like she's sleepy, but because she is still a baby, she wants to play all the time, and then it makes her real cranky. I know this because every night, when she gets cranky, I have to put her in her own room, and then she will immediately go to bed. I know human babies do this - they get cranky and you put them to sleep, and they are ok. I was wondering if any one has experienced the same thing with cats. During the day, she plays nice, she usually plays on her own, keeps the boys alone. At night time, when she gets sleepy, she gets cranky and starts fights with the boys, wrestling fights, and the boys hiss at her, as if to say "leave me alone." Am I imagining things, or is this baby kitten acting like human babies and getting cranky when she's sleepy?

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Young animals can certainly get overtired just the same way young children can. It sounds like your girl needs a nighttime routine to keep her from bugging the older boys. Try giving her some interactive playtime followed by a meaty snack just before bed. That way she should settle happily without bugging your boys too much ;)