cramps (lady subject)

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

To me it feels like somebody's grabbing my mommy parts and trying to rip them out. That's the only way I can describe the pain.
Ouch. That sounds really terrible.
My sincere condolences!

Originally Posted by laureen227

that sounds like menstrual migraine.
... It DOES sound like Menstrual Migraine. Maybe I should talk to my doctor about that. I get a very occasional headache that is very similar to the pre-menstrual ones, but I almost always get them for 2-3 days before my period, one big headache that does not go away. Thank you for the link!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never had them. Instead I get joint and back pain, and it worsens my other health issues - most noticeably the low blood volume. Last time I had a presyncope episode while sitting down! ...not telling the doc about that incident

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to admit that i am one of the few very lucky women that only gets cramps for an hour and its not even strong.

I do understand how painful it is though because through out my pregnancy i couldnt walk, and i was in such pain it felt like my stomac was about to burst.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It might be your body still adjusting to the hormone change from going off the depo. When I went off my pills I had a period after 3 weeks that was one of the worst I can remember. Of course then I got pregnant and now I'm waiting for my cycle to re-start itself and hoping it won't be too bad.

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I got my first period at 13 until I had my first daughter at 23 I had the absolute worst cramps ever. I would be so sick during that time of month that I would be throwing up, pale, weak. I would miss school or work during.

Once I had my first child it seemed that my cramps went away, I do still get cramps but they are very mild compared to before.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always get horrible cramps. I always know when my period is coming because I will get them a couple days before it starts. Usually they are so bad all I can bare to do is lay around the first few days...and I my period has always lasted longer than normal too.

cata_mint

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm on the pill and fortunately don't get cramps, but I stopped taking it for a month and I got the worst cramps I've ever had in my life. I went back on the pill pretty sharpish!

My mum gets pretty bad cramps, I got her a microwavable sack filled with cherry stones, which seems to help.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

My cramps are horrible on the first day and mild the second and then they go away. The first day is awful though, I can't eat anything or else I end up in the bathroom all day, I can't stand up, I break out in a cold sweat. By the end of the first day the cramps have eased up enough so that I can function but then I'm really weak.

Unfortunately, I've tried every pain reliever there is and nothing seems to work for me... I just have to deal with it.
Have you tried red raspberry leaf??? You can either make a tea (tastes very similar to a mild black tea) or take the capsules (I use 4 capsules the first time and then 2 every 4 hours). Use the commercially prepared herb. You can also use strawberry leaves, but, again, use commercially prepared. It is very effective for any kind of cramps and nausea, too - it is often recommended by holistic healers for morning sickness during pregnancy and also to ease labor pains.
BTW, the cramps are identical to labor pains. It is an old Mexican wives' tale that the harder you have cramps, the more "in shape" those muscles are for childbirth, and therefore, labor is easier. At least, for me, it turned out to be true