Crafts

22angel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have so many projects on the go it isn't funny!!

I do soap making/bath salts etc at Christmas time, which are so popular among my female relatives, and so easy, cheap, and fun to make.

I have crochet projects constantly....although I never really finish anything! lol I am making a baby blanket for my sister (thankfully she isn't due til Sept or Oct, the dr can't make up his mind which month), so I have a bit of time left!

I have cross-stitch projects that should really be done, but I don't really like the larger ones, which is what these both are. One is a set of pillowcases, and the other one is a picture my grandma gave me. I was thinking of finishing it, then giving it back to her, and then when she passes on, I get it back, but by the time I finish it, she could be gone! I also have a small rose that I am working on for a wedding present for my friend who got married last October. I was going to do it on the plane, then I was told I had to either leave it w/ my parents or throw it out, so I just left it at home

I have many craft magazines that I take ideas out of, and make my own stuff out of them. Martha Stewart has some good ideas, even if you don't really like her. I just watch her for the ideas she has lol.

I am thinking of making a baby crib set and mobile for my sister, if time permits. Anyone know of a pattern for any of them?

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Colby, I have never tried one of those little machines. However, sewing machines have long lives. I'd rather buy a second hand portable rather than go to all that trouble. It's so much easier to sit at a table or the sewing machine cabinet and run up a seam. My sewing machine is very old, but sufficient for my needs. I doubt if I could get $40 or $50 for it, and it has a cabinet. For the extra 10 or 20 dollars, I'd get a used standard machine. Don't invest a lot. Then, if you decide sewing's not for you, you can sell it, and probably get your money back.

Try to get a button holer with the machine, if you can. If you get "into" sewing, that's a great feature. So's a zipper foot. Almost all machines have those, however. Also, try to get Simplicity patterns. Tell the people at the fabric store you're a beginner. Nothing inspires more than success!

gurlpower

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i enjoy making hand made cards, with pressed flowers when i was a little girl. i used to make bookmarks with pressed flowers, and give them away as gifts.

i did some embroidery and macrame work as well, and those were very fun activities!

i used to do some rug hooking. i made some rugs with big letters, mainly last names of the receivers. My friends used to hang those up, instead of "stepping" on them....

These days, i crochet a lot more. i recently crocheted a turquoise blankie for my friend's furbabies. i am thinking of crocheting one blankie for Cathy's furbabies (known as CathyG here at TCS.)

i love scrap books. i keep everything, being a sentimentalist. Scrap books are fun projects for me.

Cheers!

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Colby...just read this...I recently have started getting into "scrapbooking" I was invited to a few "scrapbook" parties and bought some of it and am now trying to make a scrapbook for Amber...it is alot of fun!!!!!!!!

snouggie's mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am thinking of making a baby crib set and mobile for my sister, if time permits. Anyone know of a pattern for any of them?

I found a unicorn pattern and since I don't like them, I took the horn & beard off before cutting out 24 of the ponies. Then I made two of each color--red, blue, green, yellow, orange, indigo, violet, light grey, brown, black, white, and a paint pony. MUST MAKE TWO--ONE REVERSE TO THE FIRST OF EACH COLOR. I stitched each pony together. They were put on a circle of plastic canvas and took another piece of canvas to make the pointed 'circus top'. The stitch the ponies together so either side is the right side. These are then placed on the BigTop.

I gave this 13 years ago but then I LOVE carousels.

22angel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks Snouggie's Mom. I will see what it looks like on paper first and if i like it, i will make it!