Crabgrass...

cat_lover_330

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there! I was just wondering about crabgrass, and if it's good for my cat! I got some and planted it and stuff, but I would like to make sure that it's good for them, or at least won't do anything bad to them! lol-I was also wondering how often I should water it, b/c it didn't say on the package...Thanks!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't crabgrass a weed? Here we spend a whole lot of time and effort trying to keep it out of the yard! Then again, people in Minnesota put Queen Anne's lace in floral arrangements, which is also a weed!
Anyway, it's just a type of grass, and I can't imagine why it would harm your cats, but I doubt it has any benefit aside from, if they eat it, its extra fiber.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat_lover_330

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol! Sorry about that people! I meant CATGRASS! lol!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah!

Okay, well then, yes, its good, I'd say comparable to us eating lettuce. It helps, ahem, move things along, if you get my meaning. It also satisfies their urge to eat some fiber to help with hairballs, etc, and keeps them out of houseplants. Well, in theory anyway!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat_lover_330

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
k! lol!
Thanks! lol!
I just wanted to be SURE that I wasn't going to be giving him something that wouldn't be right for him later on...but he moves his you-know what through quicker than a new-born babie, if ya get my drift! lol!