Cozmo acting mean,,

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi, we were gone camping all weekend, when we got home the kids said that Cozmo was acting mean to the other cats, he would start fights and chase the other cats around the house. I noticed he was acting like this last Friday as I was getting ready to go camping, he would not leave Missy alone if she came near him.

He seems to change his moods allot lately, A week or so ago he was so nice and friendly to me and would lay on my lap and be like when he was little and I first got him, now he acts the opposite again. Could he be upset that I am gone allot lately or could it be he don't feel good?

He had a long acting shot for pain from the vet a couple weeks ago because of sores on his front paws, he was so nice and friendly for a while after the pain shot and now he is mean and don't want me to hold him. His paws look to me to be healed up just fine so I don't think they are hurting him anymore.

He is a hard cat for me to figure out sometimes, just when I think I understand him he changes and acts different. I hope he don't have some kind of problem going on that we don't know about yet.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear Cozmo's frustration......It could be physical discomfort, but it does sound like you are keeping an eye on this. It could also be a side effect from medication, sometimes they have a prolonged effect. Some other possibilities I think of would be a stray outside the house peeking scent frustration, as you mentioned a possible undiscovered health issue (hope not so
), maybe digestive change from meds...........

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tom w

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wonder if he gets upset because he sees us take the dogs camping with us and I leave him home? He has not been acting off for a few days now so maybe he is over whatever was bothering him.