Cow cats

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Elegantly handsome! and yeah, typical for a teenage boy. He'll grow into his lengthiness over the next year or so.;):agree::clapcat:
Oh yeah, no question: one thing I've noticed is that brazilian cats develop differently from american cats. I live and work in Brazil but I'm american ( proud texan :cool: ). I had dogs and cats growing up, and I saw that american cats will fill out a bit between 12-18 months. They are largely done growing by their first birthday ( I know, there are some exceptions like the Maine Coon).

Brazilian cats, on the other hand, only really grow at the 14-18 month mark. Every time, whether male, female, stray, feral, pampered, spayed/neutered or not, or otherwise the brazilian cats are always roughly half their final size and weight until ten months or so (compared to five or six months with american cats). I asked the vet and she said it's the norm, brazilian cats mature more slowly and start later than american or european cats (the polar opposite of brazilian humans...).

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, no question: one thing I've noticed is that brazilian cats develop differently from american cats. I live and work in Brazil but I'm american ( proud texan :cool: ). I had dogs and cats growing up, and I saw that american cats will fill out a bit between 12-18 months. They are largely done growing by their first birthday ( I know, there are some exceptions like the Maine Coon).

Brazilian cats, on the other hand, only really grow at the 14-18 month mark. Every time, whether male, female, stray, feral, pampered, spayed/neutered or not, or otherwise the brazilian cats are always roughly half their final size and weight until ten months or so (compared to five or six months with american cats). I asked the vet and she said it's the norm, brazilian cats mature more slowly and start later than american or european cats (the polar opposite of brazilian humans...).
It's true. Cats, people, and others, develop differently depending on where they are.
My dad's people lived in East TX for at least a couple of generations.

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's true. Cats, people, and others, develop differently depending on where they are.
My dad's people lived in East TX for at least a couple of generations.
Interesting; my mother is from Dallas, and I have an aunt and some cousins living in Longview.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Billy is finally starting to gain weight; only a bit so far, slowly, but the process has begun. He is also getting stronger: he is jumping higher and running faster (although Pantera still runs him down every time).

He's so adorable just love Billy's eyes they are a gorgeous colour.