...could this be down to the change in Mitzys diet?

j_f_a

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok so when I got Mitzy he was on Whiskas supermeat. So his coat was in rather a poor shape. It looked scraggly and dull and greasy even though he was well groomed.

Then around the time I changed him onto hi-life cat food (a change from min 5% to min 60% meat and a change from meat and animal derivatives to named meat sources and quantities of each) his coat started changing too. It got thicker and fluffyer and healthier.

He looks so much prettier now with healthy fur. I was kind of started at the change, but my sister says it could be down to the diet change.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
YES better food = better coat.. CATCH is better food for that cat .. ie not all cats get a good coat on all"good " foods ...

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
positively! When I got Kitty her fur was sticking up and thin, she didn't even care. But after a good diet her fur came in thick and glossy
but she shed alot...now she is on premium food (EVO) and hardly sheds while looking fantastic! Food makes a big difference in people and animals.

siamesestacey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's coincidental that I saw this post because one of our cats has a rather oily coat yet when we were staying with my mother due to some home renovations, he started eating the old formulation of Science Diet's Nature's Best dry food. His coat went from being oily to very fluffy and dry but dry in a good way. Then they changed the formulation and his coat went back to being a little bit oily.

I've never seen such a change in a cat's coat like I did in his. He was so fluffy!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

j_f_a

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mitzys fur doesn't shed much. Which is odd because his owners told me he was shedding which is why he looked oily and scraggily and dull. But he's never really lost much fur on the furnature. Yeah he turns my dark pillows white when he sleeps on them for a week, but that's normal for a mainly white cat. So he's not actually malting. Of course these are the same owners who think 4+ years between jabs is up to date.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of my cats came from either my backyard or a shelter. Their coats are always in poor shape. Now they feel like silk and don't shed much. They all have shiny coats.
Food makes a difference in so many ways.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sterling's coat went from dull and drab to pure silk and satin when he started eating better food than the "whatever gets donated" at the shelter.