Could this be a sty?

ambernw1989

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There is a small bump on my cats (9 months old) right eyelid near the outer corner. My sister is a vet tech and I asked her and she said it looks like a sty, but I’m worrying about it. Her eye has been slightly watery and she has a little eye hunk, but other than that she doesn’t seem to care about it at all. I gently pulled her eyelid down and I don’t seen anything obstructive, it just looks normal. I just noticed it for the first time a few days ago. It’s hard to see, I only caught it because my light in my room hit it just right. I’m going to take her to the vet if it doesn’t clear up. I was just trying to avoid it because she hates being in the car and didn’t want to stress her out over nothing.

Sorry its the right lower eyelid, so the left eye in the picture, forgot to mention that, I know it's hard to see from the photo.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Good for you that you saw it!
Try covering the carrier with a light towel, and maybe a calming product might also help :)

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
A bump like this is not necessarily anything serious, although it is best to let a vet determine that. One issue that can arise though is that it may get larger and can begin to irritate the eye itself. Try to watch the size if you can to see if it seems larger or looks different.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ambernw1989

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
AD42619C-FC9C-41EF-9AD9-9CBEF43AC39F.jpeg

I have a slightly better photo, it’s her right eye lower eyelid. Still there, not any bigger though, she doesn’t seem to care about it at all.