Could the kittens have survived?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

susank521

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Update.... turns out there were 4 kittens, 3 boys and 1 girl. The girl, of course, is the one I knew nothing about.

I thought I had gotten them all, I thought there were only 3 of them, I thought I had it under control. HA! 
 Early last October I see "Daddy" with more kittens (I call them the little black spots) at the feeder. The look on his face was priceless as he watched me from a distance. I'm not sure if the look translated into a threat to make sure I didn't harm these new little ones, or a plea to save him from these new little ones. 

New Momma (one of the original kittens this thread was started about), is black, of course, and is still on the loose. My trapping efforts have been sporadic in the last few months, life and the weather have gotten in the way, but even so she has proven to be elusive. Her siblings, the 3 boys, are not afraid of being trapped again and are willing to risk it for the bait. Another demonstration of what was discussed earlier in this thread... the boys are not very bright! 
 I have resolved myself to the fact that I will have to catch and kennel all 3 boys again just to keep them out of the traps so that I can catch New Momma (her name is Licorice). 

There were 4 new little black kittens, but one didn't survive long enough to catch. The remaining 3 kittens, 2 boys and 1 girl, were caught and vetted last October. The girl had no fear of humans, one of the boys just followed wherever she lead, and the other boy had an obvious physical disability (I'm really thinking it's congenital muscular torticollis - anyone ever seen that in a kitten before???). So..... guess where these 3 little black spots are 
. My poor, poor husband. Once again, my sweet feral guys in the Castle accepted with love and patience some strange kittens.  

I do wonder about the timing of this last litter. "Daddy" was neutered on 4/2/14, release on 4/5/14. New Momma was born ~8/1/13. New kittens born ~8/1/14. Could those of you knowledgeable about the gestational period tell me if it's possible that "Daddy" is the daddy? Or is there another un-neutered black cat? 

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That adds up to approx. a 4 month period after he was neutered, so unfortunatel,y I would say, YES, yet another unneutered dude lurking............

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

susank521

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

That adds up to approx. a 4 month period after he was neutered, so unfortunatel,y I would say, YES, yet another unneutered dude lurking............
Thanks catwoman707 - HA! Of course there is
, isn't there always? Why did I even ask?