Could the A/C have forced my cats into heavy shedding again?

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My husband and I have noticed that the cats are shedding heavily again. They usually shed a lot for a week or two in the spring and then go back to normal. They have already gone through that this year, but they seem to be doing it again.

My two tabbies, who have especially thick coats, are really shedding. The brush is full after a few swipes and the fur is sticking to my face and driving me crazy! It is just like their yearly spring shed-a-thon.

I realized a few minutes ago that this started about a week after we put the A/C units in the windows (which was about 2 weeks ago). Is it possible for a cat to be artificially forced into shedding? I'm just curious. :rub:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good question !!! I am thinking that turning on the A/C has nothing to do with kitties shedding. We are still officially in Spring, believe it or not, and I have noticed my cats are shedding much longer this year. I think they all put on those heavy winter coats because it was so cold. Anyway, will be interesting to see what others have to say on the subject! :)