Could my kitten be part Siberian?

keenbean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a beautiful shelter cat (6 months old now!) with what I think is very unusual coloring. She is mostly pewter-gray, lightening to silver, with cream fur on her belly. She had tiger-tabby stripes when first got her but that has faded out to more spots than stripes.

Her eyes angle upwards on the outside, and her ears have long tufts of white fur inside. Her paws are huge for her size and she has a massive bottle-brush tail.

She squeaks and chirps, loves the cold air when I open the door to get the mail and playing in the very chilly basement, plays fetch (she started the game, we just picked up on it) and more than anything loved to somersault when she plays. She's very devoted and affectionate and rarely lets us out of her sight.

So many of her personality characteristics line up with what we've read on Siberians and I have found several photos that strongly resemble her. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

keenbean

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Additional photos.
She is still quite young here:

Showing her cream spotted belly:

The tufts in her ears:

A good view of her angled eyes and giant puffy tail:

Incidentally, I named her Kira long before I had any inkling that the Siberian breed existed. I only started looking into breeds because she's so fond of cold weather I was curious if I could find anything.