could my cat be pregnant?

nikolew16

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 5 month old kitten who got let outside by a family member and now i wonder if she may be pregnant she’s eating way more and getting chunky but i don’t know if it’s because of growing kitten and her being fluffy or possible pregnancy she’s also sleeping a lot more i can’t get pictures of her nipples because she’s extra fluffy in the belly and doesn’t wanna sit still but i think they’ve gotten bigger and they’re a pale famished pink color pictures attached to see stomach IMG_9699.jpeg IMG_9735.jpeg IMG_9732.jpeg 71340723090__8B9DC912-31A8-4040-A20D-FE605978D676.jpeg IMG_9699.jpeg IMG_9735.jpeg IMG_9732.jpeg 71340723090__8B9DC912-31A8-4040-A20D-FE605978D676.jpeg

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor cat. This is the equivilant of a 12 year old girl getting pregnant. If she got out chances are high she is prgnant. And extremly high for complications. She also has a good chance of miscarrage.

If it was my cat I would have her spayed and soon.

If you did decide to let her go to term, make sure you have the vet on speed dial and have bottles and heating pads at the ready, she will need help if she doesn't outright reject baby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nikolew16

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Poor cat. This is the equivilant of a 12 year old girl getting pregnant. If she got out chances are high she is prgnant. And extremly high for complications. She also has a good chance of miscarrage.

If it was my cat I would have her spayed and soon.

If you did decide to let her go to term, make sure you have the vet on speed dial and have bottles and heating pads at the ready, she will need help if she doesn't outright reject baby.
yes i feel so bad as i’ve tried so hard to avoid this until her spay appointment 🥹 i’m going to watch her some more and if i get any more signs she’s definitely pregnant i’ll consider a spay and abort 💔

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I suggest that you do not wait. Go ahead and get her checked by a vet right away for pregnancy. If confirmed, get the spay/terminate immediately. Waiting will not solve anything. She’s much too young to have kittens at 5 months old, and from your description, she sounds pregnant.

N nikolew16

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
yes i feel so bad as i’ve tried so hard to avoid this until her spay appointment 🥹 i’m going to watch her some more and if i get any more signs she’s definitely pregnant i’ll consider a spay and abort 💔
I agree with all the others. It seems she is preg, and if you have any possibility to let her be spay abort, do so at once...

Every day of waiting makes the surgery more difficult and more exhausting on both her and the surgeon...

Even if an experienced vet surgeon is fully able to make the surgery even very late, but its no ideal situation for no one...

Do it NOW, or at least, as soon you can arrange things.

And IF we take wrong, and she is just a fatty and lazy teenager? spaying makes her no harm, and makes it possible to be let outside...
So, just do it.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with all the above. Her being so young is absolutely horrible im sorry this happened to this little angel.... I would make an appointment with the vet asap for spay/abort. You want to make sure your kitten is safe and healthy.

N nikolew16 please don't wait she needs to be seen before any more signs are there. Her sides poking out that much, her nipples pinking are enough of a sign .. please don't wait if she definitely is and you wait it is more chance for complications..

Please keep us posted

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

nikolew16

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I agree with all the others. It seems she is preg, and if you have any possibility to let her be spay abort, do so at once...

Every day of waiting makes the surgery more difficult and more exhausting on both her and the surgeon...

Even if an experienced vet surgeon is fully able to make the surgery even very late, but its no ideal situation for no one...

Do it NOW, or at least, as soon you can arrange things.

And IF we take wrong, and she is just a fatty and lazy teenager? spaying makes her no harm, and makes it possible to be let outside...
So, just do it.
yes i’m going to do so i was only considering waiting because she has a spay appointment set but now i’m gonna see if i can get it sooner for a spay and abort