Could my cat be pregnant?

Klou16x

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
I’m looking for some advice regarding my cat.
I have noticed she put a little bit a weight on around her tummy! I’m not sure if it’s just because she still growing, as she is nearly one years old or if she is pregnant.
I have been looking online and I’ve seen that the nipples of pregnant cats become pink.
I have attached photos and was wondering if anyone could give me their opinion please.
7F1F01E9-BC67-4C9D-9675-C0270AD69231.jpeg
6583F251-5534-40CB-8611-1DBDC2BA1619.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she has been outside at all she is most likely pregnant. 63-70 days from that date she will deliver. Cats are notorious breeders, there are almost no 'unfertile cats'!They can get pregnant as young as 4-5 months. All the best!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Klou16x

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She goes out every night. I don’t have any idea how many days pregnant she would be.
I have to move the fur to see the nipples but I’m just wondering if they do look enlarged?

Klou16x

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Still unsure if my cat is pregnant… you can only see her nipples when you pick her up.. if she is pregnant how many weeks roughly would she be? She goes out a lot so unsure

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say less than half way, first litters are usually small, but their middles start thickening about half way through. So if the pregnancy lasts the usual 63 days I would say she is a little over three weeks. You might start her on kitten food to give her the extra calories and nutrition she needs. she will definitely need kitten food while she is nursing. That takes a lot from the mother.

Klou16x

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’ve been seeing little waves in her tummy and I actually felt a kitten move. How much longer may she have? We don’t know the exact date she got pregnant

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That is the most probable, esp if you think the end is near.
Mucus plug in theory comes out hours before delivery, but in practice may come even two weeks before...

Klou16x

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My girl just gave birth to a kitten but placenta still attached… what should I do?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she still has not bitten it off, gently pinch it closed and off about an inch from the naval and dispose of the placenta.

K Klou16x

Klou16x

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She eating the placenta right now.. Ia there a chance of another kitten? As it’s been nearly an hour

Klou16x

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If I leave the room she gets up and meows

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Stay with her as much as you can. She is clearly feeling needy and needs comfort. Kitten deliveries can be hours or even days apart. From your descriptions, it sounds like she has more kittens and will birth them as her body dictates.

Klou16x

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She eaten the placenta… she keeps doing pushing noises but isn’t meowing or seems in pain.

she just lay feeding her little one.