Could my cat be a bengal x

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sure,....lol

But this is from showing cats for over 25 yrs, listening to breeders/judges, and tons of reading on the breeds. I went into the HHP judging program in ACFA - would have loved to have been a pedigree judge, but money was an issue.

I'm not up on some of the more recent breeds (like bengals, etc.) but I do know a lot about the established breeds. Fun thing is we ALL can learn new stuff from each other.

Right now we are looking into the ocicats to adopt in a few years (after losing our 15 yr old rex last week). So I'm reading about their history, personality, breeders, etc. to know more about them to be prepared when we get our own chocolate spotted boy

xerr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for Rex. Post some pics of the new boy when possible then

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that if we had the $600 for the little chocolate ocicat boy at the show, we'd have taken him home. However, he is a show kitten and enjoys it - we don't have the time to do a lot of showing anymore; so we will be content to adopt an older retired show/breeder cat - but he HAS to be chocolate spotted - DH fell in love with the color and I've secretly wanted a chocolate ocicat for a long time (while showing my rexes).

But I've contacted a few breeders letting them know of what we want - when the time is right, we'll have one

bengalbabe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
bengals originated with the crossing of an ALC (Asian Leopard cat), a small, forest dwelling wild cat that looks like a leopard, and a domestic cat.. By the time a bengal is four generations away from the ALC, it only has 6% wild blood. Every generation after that the wild blood % is cut in 1/2. So many of our SBT cats have much less then 1% wild blood in them, although by looking at them you'd never know it!