Could I get some vibes for Wonton?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone, you are all so sweet <3 It really helps just to have peoples support (and the one other time I asked for vibes, it worked - I asked ppl send vibes that my tooth not hurt me anymore til I could get to the dentist - and it didnt!
).

Update: Wonton is back from the vet's. The vet said he'd be woozy for a day or so, and probably uninterested in eating. Wonton cried all the way to the vets, like he usually does, but on the way back he was calm and just sat there looking at me, so I can tell he's still got sedative in his system.
I let him out of his carrier when we got home, and he head-butted me and then made a tour of the apartment (slowly), making sure everything's the same as he left it, and then - made a beeline for his food dish. So I guess he's feeling ok
. He does seem a little sleepy though - he's now in on the bed grooming himself.

We get the blood test results back tomorrow or Monday at the latest. People keep saying they had a cat with aggression issues that turned out to have an illness, so I am really hoping it's something not serious, and fixable. If not, I'm hoping the Prozac will work. Does anyone have experience with putting cats on Prozac?

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending LOTS of vibes that it is EASILY fixable!!!Hugs.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending lots of good vibes to you and Wonton

Crystal was also at the vet today and got bloodtest...the waiting is hardest.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got to this thread. Here's more vibes and hugs
for Wonton. I hope the problem is something that can be easily solved. If he gave you a nice head butt he still loves you!

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stormy

Sending lots of good vibes to you and Wonton

Crystal was also at the vet today and got bloodtest...the waiting is hardest.
Thanks, and good luck with Crystal, I hope you get good news back too xx

Jean44 - Thanks
He's snoring on my lap right now

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has he always been a bit aggressive, or is this a recent thing? How old is he?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending more {{{calming prayers and vibes}}} to Wonton (oh, I just LOVE that name
). By the way, you might check out the book "CAT CONFIDENTIAL, The Book Your Cat Would Want You to Read" by British cat behaviorist, Vicky Halls. Chapter 3 has some excellent viewpoints on The Aggressive Cat

My Miss Tobie (now over RB) was aggressive - I got her from the shelter where the police brought her when they rescued Miss Tobie's former owner & her 2 young children from a particularly violent episode of abuse by the husband/father. Miss Tobie was declawed, and very aggressive to certain people (she was declawed in the front, so was prone to bite). She started out as an office cat, but began being too aggressive to certain men; I brought her home, and sometimes she would lash out at me
It all ended when my hubby & I were laying in bed watching TV, and Miss Tobie was between us, calm. My grandson had just come in (he was 6yo at the time) and got on my other side. Suddenly, Miss Tobie sat up & bit my arm! Before I could finish my loud sqawk, my grandson cuddled up to her, gave her a hug and said, "You don't have to bite anymore, Miss Tobie. This is a real family now with a real house for you to live in, not an office" and the cat promptly lay back down, began purring and was never aggressive to people again
Who knows why it worked, but it did and were we ever so happy!

So, Wonton, I hope that you find the answers so that you too can relax and just enjoy the love that you've found

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so sweet! And people say cats don't know what we say to them.
I pray Wonton will be ok, that it is something simple to fix. Please let us know what happens.

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Has he always been a bit aggressive, or is this a recent thing? How old is he?
Not at all - the first couple years we had him, he had no aggression whatsoever-was just simply a big love bug. And still is - it's just that now he's really jumpy, and any loud noise or sudden movement seems to set him off. for instance, the other day i tripped and fell - and he attacked me. He's about four years old, and he's fixed. He just seems to get scared easily, and then once he's scared, he reacts by being aggressive. He's not really been a play - biter. He does it with my bf a bit because my bf used his hands as a toy even tho i told him not to, but i never once used my hands as a toy with him, and so he hardly ever bites me when I'm petting him.

But he's really affectionate which is what makes it so hard to deal with the fact that he's also aggressive sometimes. He's on my lap right now, and I've been online a couple hours, andhe's spent the whole time curled up asleep in my lap purring and content. But if i were to get up and trip over my computers power chord and fall down, he'd probably puff up and attack me, out of fear. Am hoping to get blood test results back today.

Originally Posted by Kaleetha

Good vibes for you and Wonton... I hope it turns out to be something easily cured/fixed.

If the blood tests don't turn up anything... check these people out... it's expensive... but probably not too much more than Prozac.

http://www.catfaeries.com/essences.html
Thanks, I've seen those before but never really looked into them - will do so now.

Originally Posted by catsknowme

Sending more {{{calming prayers and vibes}}} to Wonton (oh, I just LOVE that name
). By the way, you might check out the book "CAT CONFIDENTIAL, The Book Your Cat Would Want You to Read" by British cat behaviorist, Vicky Halls. Chapter 3 has some excellent viewpoints on The Aggressive Cat

My Miss Tobie (now over RB) was aggressive - I got her from the shelter where the police brought her when they rescued Miss Tobie's former owner & her 2 young children from a particularly violent episode of abuse by the husband/father. Miss Tobie was declawed, and very aggressive to certain people (she was declawed in the front, so was prone to bite). She started out as an office cat, but began being too aggressive to certain men; I brought her home, and sometimes she would lash out at me
It all ended when my hubby & I were laying in bed watching TV, and Miss Tobie was between us, calm. My grandson had just come in (he was 6yo at the time) and got on my other side. Suddenly, Miss Tobie sat up & bit my arm! Before I could finish my loud sqawk, my grandson cuddled up to her, gave her a hug and said, "You don't have to bite anymore, Miss Tobie. This is a real family now with a real house for you to live in, not an office" and the cat promptly lay back down, began purring and was never aggressive to people again
Who knows why it worked, but it did and were we ever so happy!

So, Wonton, I hope that you find the answers so that you too can relax and just enjoy the love that you've found
Awww, that's a great story
Thanks for the well-wishes xx

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
sort of a non-update udate: the vet didn't call with the blood test results today, so that means I'll have to wait til monday... *sigh* I'd really hoped he'd call today, so I wouldn't have to wonder and worry all weekend. Oh well.. the good news is that *knock on wood* Wonton's been doing good the last couple days - no aggression, on the contrary, he's been being his old lapcat self.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arcadian girl

sort of a non-update udate: the vet didn't call with the blood test results today, so that means I'll have to wait til monday... *sigh* I'd really hoped he'd call today, so I wouldn't have to wonder and worry all weekend. Oh well.. the good news is that *knock on wood* Wonton's been doing good the last couple days - no aggression, on the contrary, he's been being his old lapcat self.
AWW, I was HOPING that you'd get an answer already
I'm glad that the prayers and vibes are helping and Wonton is doing better.
What a mystery about this sudden onset of aggression - I wonder if it is health related or if something happened outside that really upset him to the point of being so insecure
I know that Joey has been uncharacteristically cranky and has been attacking the other cats the past few days, but my grandson (Joey's best bud) went back to San Diego on Monday, after 2 months vacation with me, and I think that Joey is just grieving and angry. The worst attacks are at night, when the cats all get on the bed; Joey jumps up, growling and hissing, and then attacks them - afterwards, he jumps off and refuses to join us for the rest of the night. This has been going on since Monday night - it's Friday now and Joey is still angry.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay I had a cat once that couldn't see out of one eye, was a stray I caught. And she would react badly to sudden movements. So maybe his eyes are giving him trouble. I hope you can find out what is bothering him and help him.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Just some random thoughts as I read about Wonton.

Do you have any Feliway diffusers in the house? I've noticed with my eldest is that she doesn't get so jumpy when we have the diffusers going. I'm wondering that might help him not be so jumpy.

Also, does it appear that his hearing is ok?

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I bought some Feliway spray, and have been spraying it around the house-although honestly, not everyday..when i remember, which is usually two-three times a week. i can't really tell if its making a difference, which i guess means it's not. Although from what i've read here, the diffusers work a lot better than simply spraying it around..maybe I'll get one and see if that makes a difference.

I just dont understand what changed..if he'd always been like this i could understand it-thats just his personality. but its just in the last year that he's become so jumpy and easily scared. he didnt get out, we didnt leave him with anyone else, so i dont think anything happened to traumatize him. it's just strange. :/

He's on my lap right now. He's been really clingy all night-gets up to get a bite to eat and then right back to my lap. Doesnt even seem like the same cat who was puffed up to twice his normal size, and yowling at me a few days ago.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My personal reaction with the added info is this is not a behavior problem its a medical problem and I am not quite sure what's causing it but if I had to guess it would be something to do with one of his senses such as sight, hearing, and smell, and touch. Because cats use all of their senses and they are very sensitive to changes with them. Make sure your vet checks his eyes and ears out very well. And in the mean time as much as possible I would avoid sudden movements and changes in his enviroment. And try to take him into the vet when it isn't very busy so there are fewer chances of loud noises and such. And as always we are all praying for him.