Could be this is turkish angora?...

bamspaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hallo everyone, I wanna ask, may this a angora cat?...since angora are rare and the owner claim that this is first import angora cat in our country, thanks before

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, the cat in the picture could  be an Angora. You said the owner imported the cat, so I'm sure the cat has papers and a pedigree. Only when you see those, you can be sure the cat in the picture is an actual Angora. Without papers, it's just a domestic cat that looks somewhat like an Angora.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree with Bianca.   The looks as such is a nice look alike.   If she has proper papers and certificates too, I will believe they are real, no fake.    :)

But without correct papers or at least, very solid proofs, its just a good look alike, anything more.

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Looks very much like the American version of Turkish Angora. Beautiful, fine boned, lush tail. The ones in turkey are not quite as refined looking as what they have been bred to here. I have never seen one in person, but they are stunning in pictures.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bamspaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah thanks for the answer, I only wanted for prediscription this could be a thief! Because so many people claim her cat was a angora..the person have a paper by TICA..,and yes this cat is from America

Last edited:

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Check with the TICA for breeders to make sure they are legit. Make sure they are vet checked, I think they can be predesposed to cardiomyopathy. Do a home visit to make sure they are well cared for and well socialized. I think the first angora's came here in the early 70's.