Cost of testing cats for Toxoplasmosis?

konuku

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am curious to know how much people paid to have their cats tested for Toxoplasmosis (for those who have obviously have had this done).

I know that the cost would most likely depend on one's country/region, but I thought knowing what other people paid in advance, it would give me a general idea as well as let me know if where I live is too expensive and if I should try to look elsewhere.

Thanks so much in advance.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have not paid to have my cats tested for this, but would just like to say that even within the same CITY, costs can vary greatly for the same tests.  I would think your best bet is to simply call various Vet offices and ask them their cost. 

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I am curious to know how much people paid to have their cats tested for Toxoplasmosis (for those who have obviously have had this done).

I know that the cost would most likely depend on one's country/region, but I thought knowing what other people paid in advance, it would give me a general idea as well as let me know if where I live is too expensive and if I should try to look elsewhere.

Thanks so much in advance.
Can we ask why you want to test for it?  The only real risk is to pregnant woman and so long as they don't handle the litter there is zero risk to them.  It cannot be transmitted through the air.

Last edited: