Cost of neutering kitten in USA

scarlett 001

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am just curious about the range of prices for a standard kitten neuter in the USA (just the neutering etc., not any extra bloodwork etc.). Anyone care to share?

I found out via some Yahoo groups that dentals for pets in Canada seem to be much more pricey than in the USA, and I was wondering if neutering is likewise more expensive in Canada.  

molldee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The clinics around me range from $50-250. Depends where you go. The low-cost spay clinics charge only around $50.

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have 2 prices at the vet I work for, 1 includes an overnight stay, bloodwork, an IV catheter and a microchip and pain meds to go home, it is about $120, if you don't want the overnight stay, microchip and pain meds to go home it is $80.  Most people opt for the 1st option.  We do bloodwork on every surgery that we do.

skeletor

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here we have three options

The humane society here does free neutering based on zipcode which changes every month. The SNAP clinic offers reduced rate/free to low income persons

Both the humane society and our animal defense league offer neutering/spaying for about $35 regularly

Going to a private vet cost me $95

susank521

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Low cost clinic 17 miles away $55.00 (includes rabies & ear tipping) This one doesn't open until 8am & I've got to be at work at 7:30 

One of the local private vets $90.00 (includes rabies & one night stay) - I usually opt for this one as I can drop the cat off the night before then pick him up after work the next day.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The main places I use are 35 including rabies and distemper shot.  They are ok but had issue with them.  Would go if no other choice

Regular vet is 90 nothing but neuter.  GREAT cause I can add on what is needed and they are fine with euthing a cat if positive for Felv or Fiv(Fiv I would not euth a healthy cat but if showing issues and feral I can not keep it in house(not fair IMO) and I know it will not stay as my male chases new ones away. 

redcat57

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Seattle WA area

http://feralcatproject.org

Free with ear tipping, or 15 male, 25 female.

We have a spay and neuter clinic in the North end that only does S&N and vaccinations.

I don't know how much they are currently because we haven't been for a while.

Our last cats have come from shelters pre-neutered.

They were significantly cheaper than a full service vet.

But Dr Kunnen is fantastic and loves cats and dogs.

He is pretty no nonsense and will tell it like it is, no candy coating.

Some people think his attitude reflects that he dislikes animals, what he dislikes is bad owners.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For Tumbles' neuter 3 years ago, the charge was $45 and that included an overnight stay.  It was at my regular vet's office, not a low-cost clinic.  She did no bloodwork or anything like that.  We called around to a couple of other vet offices and the range was $200-$300 with no overnight stay. 

gravekandi

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The Dumb Friends League in Colorado does it for 10$ for both boy&girl cats and that includes including rabies and distemper shot and if they have any extra time they also provide nail trims (&File/"grind") sanitary grooming and teeth removal if necessary 

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish we had low-cost clinics here :(. My vet charges $75 for a cat neuter, and that seems about average for the area. $95 for a spay. Nothing included. . .well, he does like to keep them overnight but I don't consider that a plus :tongue2:. I usually ask to take them home the same day.

There is one vet who will do "ferals and farm cats for $50" (that's his tagline; that price is for females, $35 for males) that includes rabies shot and eartip, but there aren't any low-cost options for pet cats.

laurag

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My vet clinic charges $80 for a neuter or a spay and it includes a mandatory overnight stay at the pet hospital. Their philosophy is that the spay should be the same price so that it doesn't influence a cat owners decision to  spay/neuter or the gender of the cat they adopt. Pretty cool, I think.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my sister found a cat who ways days away I knew it was to be a bigger litter and I was hoping it would be more boys then girls for cost alone lol.  REALLY cool concept.