Corned Ham

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Years ago, I always bought a corned ham and boiled it on the stove for Christmas. When the ham finished cooking, I put my collards in the pot and cooked them. It has been so long, I am not sure I remember how long to cook the ham. Is there anyone who knows how long to cook one or what temperature needs to be reached to assure it is done. I just can't remember for sure, but I do remember how good they are and how wonderful the collards taste when it is all finished.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Ok, never heard of a corned ham, so I had to Google. From what I can gather, oven temp should be at 325 to start and roast 20-25 minutes per pound. Toward the end, increase oven temp to 350 to brown the ham a bit. It's done when the meat is falling away from the bone?

To simmer on the stove, a 6-pound corned ham would take 3-4 hours. I can't find a final temperature for the ham.

I want to come to your dinner! I'm very intrigued! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Come on. Would love to have you here. I saw that recipe for roasting in the oven. That is not how the folks down south do it. I put it in the pot and just cooked it until it fell apart. Oh my. I have been tasting. The collards will be cooked in the liquid. Do you make collards where you live.