Corn husk litter

christinacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was at Walmart the other day and saw a new(er) litter that is made of corn husks. It is said to be all natural and clumping. Has anyone tried it?

I wish there was a solution to the litter all over the floor problem and wonder if that stuff (which looks like even smaller bits than the regular clumping stuff) wouldn't be even worse. The problem is that non-clumping litter, although it is a pain to have to keep dumping the entire box, never results in a mess on the floor. The pieces are sufficiently big so that they don't get stuck in the cats paws. The clumping litter is made of smaller pieces and does get in their paws. I put a little sisel mat at the end of the cat box, but it only helps a bit.

Since I'm about to have a multi-cat houshold, I wonder too, if the corn husks would be good for multiple cats.

sweetkara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have used a few brands of the corn stuff and found it tracks less = but I find it gets stinky sooner. Like the corn absorbs some of the amonia/urine smell- so I change it quicker than regular litter.

I'll buy it if it's on a good sale or I have a coupon.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All these new litters out there....are they good at controlling odor? That is my main concern.

I have 11 cats so you can understand

Frankly, I find Tidy Cat tracks but it controlls odor 100% here with vigilent cleaning.

melissaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've used World's Best before and it is a corn-based litter
Its my favourite that I've tried so far

I'm not a huge fan of clay litters as I find my girls track it WAY easier than a larger grain type litter such as Swheat Scoop or World's best

I hate pine litter, my cat hated it and it was not very user friendly for me

I accidentally bought Swheat Scoop instead of World's Best last time and I like World's Best so much better
I find its better odour control, easier to scoop and my girls like it better