Cooper likes to clean Io

demstaraus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello All,

Cooper & Io are now about 5 months old (due to be desexed in Feb when the shelter we got them from calls us to do it - we put a $100 deposit down for them to be brought back to their vet for the snip).

I'm just wondering if there's a particular reason why Cooper (male) likes to clean Io (female) frequently? Not an all over bath but he'll spend a couple of minutes several times a day cleaning her face, or her paws or just any part of her when they curl up together. Io rarely seems to return the favour, or at least does it when I'm not looking.

Io is the outgoing one, always in things, jumping up on the benches and cupboards and tends to not be as cuddly as Cooper. Cooper is always happy for pats and cuddles, and isn't as active (he's also a lot stockier than her already, Io is part Siamese we guess, so that may explain her energy).

Is it because Io is the dominant one? Or is it Cooper's way of saying he's the boss and owns Io? I'm curious really, it's very cute but I am a little concerned that it could be some kind of pre-mating type ritual. They'd be due for desexing as early as next week so I guess I can't really push that up any faster!

I look forward to seeing if you can shed any light or have any similar experiences?

Thanks Guys!
Peace Out ^_^

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is just showing affection... It is just cuddling cute loving PDA... Healthy and something that shows they have a great relationship and enjoy each others company. My Hope does that all day long to my Lucky, both females... Lucky never returns the favor, but takes it gladly
. They do have a very similar dynamics to what you are describing. You are quite lucky to have them enjoy each other like that - sounds like they will be best buddies for life!

Congrats on the new kitties, and please stick around ad post pictures of your babies for us!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

demstaraus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's good. My partner just said 'I coulda told you that' tee hee (he's grown up in a multiple-cat household all his life, I've always had just the one).

They are from the same litter so I erred on the side of affection and nothing more, doesn't hurt to ask!

I'm getting some photos of Chris's phone so I'll be posting some of the newest pics soon. There's a thread for that, right?

THEY'RE JUST SO CUTE! I loves them.

caryclan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's adorable!

My boys love to cuddle with each other, as well. Enjoy your kitties!