Cookware and Sharp Stuff

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Don't EVER give that Revere Ware away!! I had a 20 year old set that I sold on e-bay a few years back and got more for it than what I purchased it for originally. Vintage Revere Ware sells like hotcakes on e-bay.
I decided to donate my pieces of revere ware to the Salvation Army, hoping they'd put a decent price on it and get some money from it..and if not, knew that someone would recognize it and pick it up to enjoy or make a bit of money. Either way, someone would benefit

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by alice_curiouser

Maybe there's something wrong with me, but cutting a can in half would have been the FIRST thing I would have done!
Originally Posted by Pekoe & Nigel

Cutting the can was hard work.
I find that they NEVER do what they say they can in the adds! And if they do it's never so easy. LOL

We ordered those quick quick choppers (the little plunger choppers) and the TV add claimed it could chop ice. So, the first thing we tried was chopping ice. It mangled the blades so badly that they wouldn't even retract! Good thing it was a boy one get one free deal!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alice_curiouser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We ordered those quick quick choppers (the little plunger choppers) and the TV add claimed it could chop ice. So, the first thing we tried was chopping ice. It mangled the blades so badly that they wouldn't even retract! Good thing it was a boy one get one free deal!
Oh, we will not even talk about those stupid little plunger choppers - what a crock! Grrrr... Also crap, the Black & Decker Handy Chop, which neither chops, nor is handy. Next on my list of kitchen stuff to buy is a real food processor. :\\

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh... food processors rock! I only wish ours was bigger. It's funny, people seem surprised that we haven't really registered for our wedding (I did at Target but it was just so I could get a gift card and half the stuff on it is cat related! LOL). But really, we've both lived on out own for a number of years and have a full house as is. Granted, none of it coordinates but it all works. Plus, with gas prices, it'll cost our guests a small fortune to get the the wedding. LOL

Another favorite kitchen appliance for us it the toaster oven! Works like abig oven but doesn't make the whole apartment like a sauna!