Cooking steaks on the grill tonight

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You've gotta marinate those babies!!! I get some nice cuts from the local meat market (they're usually cheaper than the grocery store too, and the quality is much better). Then i marinate them at least 2 days before i want to cook them (if you don't have time, a few hours will do.) Depending on what i have in my kitchen at the time, i usually use a combination of the following: Terriaki sauce, Soy sauce, sea salt, peper, meat tenderizer( can be used instead of salt, but just a pinch if you marinate it a few days in advance). Sweet Chilie Sauce (can be purchased at a local asian market for around $4), a pinch of garlic powder, a pinch of spices....whatever i have at the time....rosemary, parsley, cilantro...., beer or wine- just a pinch, orange juice give a nice flavor too, any combination of these should make for an excellent steak...it's not a bad idea to mix a tiny bit of each that sounds good to you in a little bowl and taste it before you marinate your steaks, that way you know what to expect when they're done.
Happy Grilling!